- Atlanta Academy, a non-denominational private Preschool-8th school in North Atlanta, was founded by teachers who believe in providing the individual attention that every student needs to succeed.
- We promote academic excellence through our invested teachers, relevant and forward-thinking curriculum, and welcoming environment.
- We`re a school for the whole family that values community, family, friendships and developing the whole child academically and socially.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,660|
|Tuition Notes||For tuition costs per grade, please visit http://www.atlantaacademy.com/tuition.php|
|Admissions Director||Kristi McCarthy|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Bowl Team, Chess Club, Debate Team, STEAM, Stock Market Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance, Music Lessons, Musical Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Founded by teachers in 2000, Atlanta Academy serves more than 300 private preschool-8th grade students and their families in North Atlanta. Our mission to give every student the individual attention they need to succeed is at the core of everything we do.
- We provide a safe and welcoming environment for children to learn and thrive. Small class sizes allow our teachers to understand their students` individual strengths and help them discover their own unique talents.
- We are committed to offering a well-rounded education. Our relevant and forward-thinking curriculum is enriched with a variety of opportunities for students to explore the arts, athletics, community service and social development in order to build the confidence and skills they need to succeed at prestigious private high schools, top-ranking public schools and magnet programs. And they do. More than 94% of Atlanta Academy graduates are accepted into their top choice high school, where they have a long record of outstanding performance.
- We invest in the best. Our teachers and staff rank among some of the best educators in the industry. Among our Kindergarten through 8th grade teachers, 66% hold advanced degrees. To keep our instructional skills sharp, we invest annually in professional development opportunities.
- We believe in the power of community. High performing student achievement is nurtured in an inclusive, non-denominational atmosphere, where families are engaged both inside and outside of our school. Together, we are fully invested in helping children grow into well-educated, independent problem-solvers who are prepared to excel in high school and beyond.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.