Mount Pisgah Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (678) 336-3400
- Mount Pisgah is a leading Preschool through 12th grade independent Christian school located in the heart of North Fulton in Atlanta.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||843 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$15,475-$21,575 - Junior Kindergarten-12th gradeContact Marcia Bettis, Director of Preschool, at 678-336-5320 or email@example.com for Preschool rates and program offerings.For International Students, please contact Bryana Cuthbert, International Student Admissions Coordinator at 678-336-3407 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding tuition and fees related to International Students.|
|Admissions Director||Ardin Tucker|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Pigott|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Future Problem Solvers, Newspaper|
Club or Organization:
Global Mission Trips, Habitat for Humanity, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, National Arts Honor Society, National Thespian Society, Theatre
- Mount Pisgah Christian School has been recognized as the best value in independent school education in the area driven by its combined spiritual, academic, athletic and arts programs delivered with excellence.
- Mount Pisgah is known for proven performance in student-centered learning and above and beyond commitment to instructional coaching and personalized instruction from top teachers.
- Beyond spiritual formation integrated into the classroom, students are given the opportunity to explore their faith and God-given talents through weekly Chapel, SharpTop spiritual retreat, Bible courses and mission trips.
- Mount Pisgah qualifies as an Advanced Placement (AP) Challenge School, AP Merit School, AP STEM School, AP STEM Achievement School and AP Humanities School offering 18 Upper School AP Courses. The Lower School has implemented the research-based Wilson Foundations reading, writing and phonics curriculum bolstered by the innovative MAP Growth assessment to differentiate instruction and pinpoint individual student needs.
- Not only does this top Atlanta school develop students who are truly prepared for college and ready for life, graduates are entering some of the country`s most recognized colleges. With 100% of students accepted into a college of their choice, recent graduates are represented at the nation`s top universities including Princeton, Cornell, Davidson, Dartmouth, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Georgia, Boston University, Johns Hopkins University, United States Military Academy and more. Members of the Class of 2020 received academic, athletic and special achievement scholarships in excess of $5.4 million.
- Exceptional extracurricular programs are a Pisgah trademark. Students participate in 46 highly successful, championship athletic programs. Our unparalleled commitment to the Arts comes alive through our Fine Arts program where student artists compete in art exhibitions, band, orchestra, choral and theater competitions.
- The one-of-a-kind Mount Pisgah Arts Academy offers quality private and group arts education lessons for current MPCS students and the greater Johns Creek Community for students 4-17 years of age.
- Mount Pisgah Christian School also boasts an International School Program welcoming exceptional students from around the globe in Middle and Upper School.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We started Mount Pisgah in 6th grade and are in 8th grade now. Our wine is very challenged and happy at MPC. The teachers go over and beyond for the children. They truly pour into each child. It is also been wonderful watching his faith grow and flourish. The faculty and other families are a true blessing to our family!
- Posted by Parent - RP
Our son will graduate Pisgah in May after attending for 13 years since Kindergarten. Our family experience has been incredibly rewarding through community fellowship, strong academics, successful thriving and growing athletic programs, diversity in the arts and mission work, as well as rewarding small groups that have all prepared him to reach his goals of attending the first school of his choice and play D1 football t Cornell University where he will study business at the #3 ranked business school in the nation. Pisgah has trained him not just as a student and athlete, but as a young man who is eager to set and reach goals, contribute to society, and make a positive impact wherever he lands. Any family looking for a small school experience with depth in so many areas simply must visit Mount Pisgah and learn about what makes it such a solid choice for your child's education. It may not be the prettiest campus in North Fulton (we''re still building and growing, as this is the 10th graduating class in the school's history), but we know from experience that pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. Pisgah is a must to consider for your student. Come experience Pisgah!
- Posted by Parent - eddg
Our daughter has loved her experience at Mount Pisgah. She was welcomed with open arms when she arrived. The other students and teachers seemed to go out of their way to help her get started, make new friends and become involved in the activities that interested her. Moving to a new school is never easy, but they really seemed to care about her getting off to a great start. When your kid looks forward to going to school everyday, that's really saying something! I have been impressed by the chapel services, the opportunities for our daughter to learn more about her faith and ask questions in a safe environment. The teachers have made an effort to make classes interesting and to stay after to help students who need extra help. I have been very impressed and glad we made this choice.
- Posted by Parent - ckcwi
In short, we are thrilled to be a part of Mount Pisgah! We searched for two years to find the right fit for our middle school daughter - one that could challenge her academically and yet nurture her spirit and creativity. Pisgah is that place. After her shadow day, the only question she had for Mr. Arnette was, "Can I start tomorrow?" As we stacked up Pisgah against the other great schools, we found that Pisgah was adding strength to their academic schedule (Latin as a foreign language in Middle School; Alegbra IA for 7th grade) and offering Honor Scholarships to attract even more high potential students. Added to the amazingly warm, friendly, and loving environment that we felt the minute we stepped in to the Open Houses or tours, these just made Mount Pisgah Christian School "home" for our whole family. The teachers and staff are fantastic and love these kids with all their hearts. When the Principal can tell you what went on in your kid's day - not because she was in trouble, but because he is interested - you know that they are paying attention. The Middle School team works together to help each of the kids grow and mature and strengthen every day. Go Patriots!
- Posted by Parent - Sandi
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?