Mount Pisgah Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Mount Pisgah Christian School Photo #2 - As part of Pisgah's commitment to preparing students for college and readying them for life, popular technology tools are incorporated into daily lessons.
Mount Pisgah Christian School Photo #3 - Pisgah students of all ages, preschool through twelfth grade, enjoy visits to the science lab for enlightening and engaging lessons and experiments.
Mount Pisgah Christian School Photo #4 - The annual spiritual retreat to SharpTop Cove provides an incredible opportunity for students to grow closer to God, their classmates, and their teachers.
Mount Pisgah Christian School Photo #5 - More than 80% of Pisgah's middle and upper school students participate in the school's thriving athletic program. Swimming and Lacrosse were mostly recently added to the robust roster of sports offerings.
Mount Pisgah Christian School Photo #6 - Strong, meaningful relationships between teachers and students are a Pisgah trademark.
Mount Pisgah Christian School Photo #7 - Pisgah Arts students capture the crowds imagination with numerous creative performances throughout the year.
Mount Pisgah Christian School Photo #8 - Individualized attention from teachers who help each child maximize his potential - it's a Mount Pisgah trademark.
Mount Pisgah Christian School Photo #9 - Collaboration and project work help students grasp new concepts, strengthen communication skills and develop a critical thinking approach to tasks.
- Located in Johns Creek, Georgia, one of America's safest cities*, Mount Pisgah Christian School is a leading private school committed to partnering with families to offer excellence in faith, academics, fine arts, and athletics. We invite you to learn more about our history, mission and vision, strategic plan and leadership.
- Pisgah provides a loving and nurturing environment where children are challenged and inspired to discover, explore, and pursue their God-given talents and abilities.
- The administration and faculty value the unique nature of each student and are dedicated to the academic success of each individual.
- Personalized instruction and one-on-one relationships between faculty and students are Pisgah trademarks.
- Innovative programs provide a multitude of choices with opportunities for travel, mission work, creative learning programs and exciting class offerings (including: Forensic Science, Introduction to Media Production, Sports Ethics, and Baroque Painting).
- The exceptional athletic and fine arts programs allow students to discover talents and build self-confidence.
- With a comprehensive approach, Pisgah reaches the whole child through mind, body, and spirit.
- From infants to high school seniors, Pisgah meets the needs of every child.
- Experience Pisgah and discover the difference when students are prepared for college and ready for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||843 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$14k-$20k, Preschool and International Students tuition differs. Paula Wills, Director of International Programs, can be reached at 678-336-3442 for further information regarding tuition and fees related to International Students. Contact Marcia Bettis, Director of Preschool, at 678-336-3348 for Preschool rates and program offerings.|
|Admissions Director||Karen Brunke|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Janico|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Future Problem Solvers, Newspaper|
Club or Organization:
Global Mission Trips, Habitat for Humanity, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, National Arts Honor Society, National Thespian Society, Theatre
- Welcome, We are excited that you have taken time to visit and learn about Mount Pisgah Christian School. We are blessed with a school community that feels like family. Our school is committed to the highest quality instruction taught through the lens of a biblical worldview in a nurturing environment. Our mission drives us to provide college preparatory academic excellence while integrating biblical truth so that our students will become ready for life and genuinely committed to impacting the world through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Though it`s difficult to experience the warmth of our school community through a website, I invite you to come visit MPCS to feel the relationships and community at our school. Once you arrive on campus, you will be embraced by people who live out our "Guiding Principles". These values create the environment for students to succeed in all their God-given talents, whether in the classroom, on the athletic field, upon the stage, or in the community. Our ultimate goal is to teach the foundational Truth in an ever-changing world, empowering students to think critically and creatively, and to act with courage and compassion. Our outstanding students, teachers, staff and great parents work together to help students grow academically, physically, socially, and spiritually. As you navigate this website, you will find information describing the many programs offered to our JK-12 students and our Preschool students, from infant to four. Come join us as we live out our faith daily, seek to develop lasting relationships, enthusiastically embrace curiosity, encourage engagement, and celebrate achievement in the caring of our students, one student at a time. I am looking forward to your visit and am confident that you will want to join in with us as we cheer our students and our school. -Ruston Pierce, Head of School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alpharetta Grades: NS-8 | 451 students
3380 Old Alabama Road
Alpharetta, GA 30022
(770)410-4056 0.7 NS-8
We started Mount Pisgah in 6th grade and are in 8th grade now. Our wine is very challenged and happy at MPC. The teachers go over and beyond for the children. They truly pour into each child. It is also been wonderful watching his faith grow and flourish. The faculty and other families are a true blessing to our family!
- Posted by Parent - RP
Our son will graduate Pisgah in May after attending for 13 years since Kindergarten. Our family experience has been incredibly rewarding through community fellowship, strong academics, successful thriving and growing athletic programs, diversity in the arts and mission work, as well as rewarding small groups that have all prepared him to reach his goals of attending the first school of his choice and play D1 football t Cornell University where he will study business at the #3 ranked business school in the nation. Pisgah has trained him not just as a student and athlete, but as a young man who is eager to set and reach goals, contribute to society, and make a positive impact wherever he lands. Any family looking for a small school experience with depth in so many areas simply must visit Mount Pisgah and learn about what makes it such a solid choice for your child's education. It may not be the prettiest campus in North Fulton (we''re still building and growing, as this is the 10th graduating class in the school's history), but we know from experience that pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. Pisgah is a must to consider for your student. Come experience Pisgah!
- Posted by Parent - eddg
Our daughter has loved her experience at Mount Pisgah. She was welcomed with open arms when she arrived. The other students and teachers seemed to go out of their way to help her get started, make new friends and become involved in the activities that interested her. Moving to a new school is never easy, but they really seemed to care about her getting off to a great start. When your kid looks forward to going to school everyday, that's really saying something! I have been impressed by the chapel services, the opportunities for our daughter to learn more about her faith and ask questions in a safe environment. The teachers have made an effort to make classes interesting and to stay after to help students who need extra help. I have been very impressed and glad we made this choice.
- Posted by Parent - ckcwi
In short, we are thrilled to be a part of Mount Pisgah! We searched for two years to find the right fit for our middle school daughter - one that could challenge her academically and yet nurture her spirit and creativity. Pisgah is that place. After her shadow day, the only question she had for Mr. Arnette was, "Can I start tomorrow?" As we stacked up Pisgah against the other great schools, we found that Pisgah was adding strength to their academic schedule (Latin as a foreign language in Middle School; Alegbra IA for 7th grade) and offering Honor Scholarships to attract even more high potential students. Added to the amazingly warm, friendly, and loving environment that we felt the minute we stepped in to the Open Houses or tours, these just made Mount Pisgah Christian School "home" for our whole family. The teachers and staff are fantastic and love these kids with all their hearts. When the Principal can tell you what went on in your kid's day - not because she was in trouble, but because he is interested - you know that they are paying attention. The Middle School team works together to help each of the kids grow and mature and strengthen every day. Go Patriots!
- Posted by Parent - Sandi
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.