Mt. Bethel Christian Academy
- Established in 1998, Mt. Bethel Christian Academy is a Christ-centered school emphasizing academic excellence presented through a Christian world-view. In 2018, MBCA was designated a National Blue RIbbon School.
- This Junior Kindergarten through 12th grade program seeks to provide a truly Christ-centered education for children by providing academic excellence, spiritual growth, and encouraging a lifelong love and desire for learning. Our goal is to prepare students to succeed in competitive environments and to develop their unique abilities to the fullest. Rigorous academics coupled with a competitive athletic program and extra-curricular activities make the Academy a stimulating setting in which to learn.
- MBCA is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based, sensory processing, and math learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||643 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 24 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
|Tuition Notes||JK $10,731, $13,557 Lower school - includes daily hot lunch, consumable curriculum, day field trips; $15,562 Middle School - hot lunch, day field trips; $15,562 Upper School - hot lunch, day field trips|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Alison Stephens|
|Admissions Associate||Meridith Burba|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Geography Bee, National Junior Honor Society, Science Fair, Spelling Bee|
Club or Organization:
National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
International Thespian Society
- // Low Student/Teacher Ratio
- // Certified Teachers // Christ-centered curriculum // Lower Middle and Upper School Latin and Spanish Programs // Fifth Grade through Upper School features one-to-one laptop program, Logic, Fine Arts, Band, Drama, and Competitive Athletics // Science labs, art room with kiln, Mac mobile labs, iPads, video production studio, award-winning FTC and FLL Robotics, athletic fields // weekly chapel services; 6th-8th grade chapel is gender-based Before and After School Child Care // Two campuses located in the Greater Atlanta area.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1868 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)609-6202 7.9 K-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.