Mt. Bethel Christian Academy
Mt. Bethel Christian Academy Photo #2 - The Compass Program focuses on helping our students become more self-aware of their God-given learning styles, personalities, gifts and talents, and aptitudes. As an outcome of self-examination, our students will plan for college and career with increased confidence and intentionality. Upon graduation from MBCA, students will be equipped to face an ever-changing world and to become influential leaders of Christ.
Mt. Bethel Christian Academy Photo #3 - You BELONG at MBCA! Our smaller class sizes allow students to be truly known and truly loved. More than 90% of our Middle School students participate in some activity through school, be it sports, robotics, or academic clubs and organizations. There is a place for everyone to belong. Schedule a tour today and experience the MBCA difference!
- Established in 1998, Mt. Bethel Christian Academy is a Christ-centered school emphasizing academic excellence presented through a Christian world-view. In 2018, MBCA was designated a National Blue RIbbon School.
- This Junior Kindergarten through 12th grade program seeks to provide a truly Christ-centered education for children by providing academic excellence, spiritual growth, and encouraging a lifelong love and desire for learning. Our goal is to prepare students to succeed in competitive environments and to develop their unique abilities to the fullest. Rigorous academics coupled with a competitive athletic program and extra-curricular activities make the Academy a stimulating setting in which to learn.
- MBCA is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based, sensory processing, and math learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||643 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 24 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
|Tuition Notes||JK $10,731, $13,557 Lower school - includes daily hot lunch, consumable curriculum, day field trips; $15,562 Middle School - hot lunch, day field trips; $15,562 Upper School - hot lunch, day field trips|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Alison Stephens|
|Admissions Associate||Meridith Burba|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Geography Bee, National Junior Honor Society, Science Fair, Spelling Bee|
Club or Organization:
National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
International Thespian Society
- // Low Student/Teacher Ratio
- // Certified Teachers // Christ-centered curriculum // Lower Middle and Upper School Latin and Spanish Programs // Fifth Grade through Upper School features one-to-one laptop program, Logic, Fine Arts, Band, Drama, and Competitive Athletics // Science labs, art room with kiln, Mac mobile labs, iPads, video production studio, award-winning FTC and FLL Robotics, athletic fields // weekly chapel services; 6th-8th grade chapel is gender-based Before and After School Child Care // Two campuses located in the Greater Atlanta area.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1868 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)609-6202 7.9 K-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.