Montessori School Of San Diego
- The Montessori School of San Diego at Coronado was established in 1980 and served as the only Montessori School in Coronado until the Sandpiper Montessori School was added in September 1991.
- This Victorian building houses one classroom with an average daily attendance of 20.
- The two teachers promote a traditional Montessori classroom using all of the Montessori manipulatives for children ages 3 through 5.
- The Montessori Schools of San Diego have a philosophy that isn't always talked about, but is still applicable, and still as strongly practiced in the classrooms now as it always has been: "The Child Comes First." Once in a while we all need to remember that phrase and rededicate ourselves to the philosophy.
- This is what sets aside good Montessori teachers from other teachers.
- They are able to bring to the classroom something fresh each day, something from which the children can see and feel and grow.
- They remember that each and every child needs and deserves respect.
- That is why a Montessori teacher will speak to the child in his/her class with respect, and discipline is low-key.
- At times the situation can be trying as well as tiring, yet each time the Montessori teacher digs a little deeper for the patience and understanding of that one child who needs extra attention.
- This dedication of the Montessori teachers, especially of our teachers, is what makes the method applicable and so valuable.
- We have an excellent reputation, and the administration will always strive to maintain it by employing only the best and most dedicated teachers.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-3|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: PK | 63 students
3674 7th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103
(619)298-1671 1.1 PK
- San Diego Grades: 1-12 | 78 students
525 Hawthorn St
San Diego, CA 92101 1.1 1-12
- San Diego Grades: K-6 | 362 students
San Diego, CA 92103
(619)298-9110 1.2 K-6
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.