City Tree Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- City Tree Christian School is an ethnically and socio-economically diverse school located in downtown San Diego.
- We serve as an outreach of First Presbyterian Church, committed to integrating educational excellence with the Bible-based teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Children will excel academically, be good citizens, and know God when we provide educational experiences, needed care and protection in a loving Christian environment.
- The school curriculum introduces children to a completely God-centered orientation of life, to help them develop a thoroughly Christian and Biblical worldview.
- Children will be taught a Christian way of living and playing together, interpreted through the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- They will learn to think of their world as given by God because of His perfect love for them.
- Each child develops differently and comes to school with a unique set of experiences; our teachers thoughtfully consider these individual needs as they daily work with students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: K-8 | 125 students
4551 56th Street
San Diego, CA 92115
(619)582-3862 5.7 K-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-7 | 54 students
4079 54th Street
San Diego, CA 92105
(619)229-2800 5.2 PK-7
- San Diego Grades: PK-6 | 349 students
2640 Soderblom Avenue
San Diego, CA 92122
(858)457-5895 9.2 PK-6
City Tree Christian school is a wonderful community of people that provides kids with a high quality education while teaching them to discover their gifts and utilize those gifts to serve God and others. Teachers and phenomenal and truly love their students. All the students get to experience band, Spanish, music, art, technology and excellent off campus learning trips.
- Posted by Parent - Sara D.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.