The Rock Academy
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 334 students
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The Rock Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Rock Academy exists to lead children into a life changing and productive relationship with Jesus Christ by providing a sustained academic environment coupled with a vibrant spiritual experience so as to equip students with the tools necessary to become professionally and spiritually qualified Christian leaders. We are called to assist parents in their responsibility for raising their children in the nurturance and instruction of the Lord and developing children who bring glory and honor to God. We see each student as inseparable from his own family as is clearly ordained by God in Scripture. Deuteronomy 6:6-9. For this reason, we believe it is the parents who are responsible for the education of their children. While the school offers professional assistance in the subject areas and reinforces Christian principles, the parents are ultimately responsible for their child's training. The Rock Academy serves as an extension of the family, supporting parents in their responsibility before God so as to equip each student with the tools necessary to become the qualified Christian leaders of tomorrow. We desire each child to arrive at a biblical worldview that permits him/her to analyze life, see it accurately, and respond appropriately. This leads to the highest goal in life, which is to know and glorify God. To assist in this process, the Rock Academy is committed to biblical values in conjunction with educational excellence. The Rock Academy seeks to develop in each child a Christian worldview distinctly based on God's Word. Whatever is derived from the sciences, mathematics, philosophy, history, literature, the arts, and athletics must be consistent with what God has already revealed in His Word. All truth is God's truth; therefore, the Rock Academy desires that the Word of God permeate all areas of our curriculum and instruction as we strive to meet the needs of our students in four primary areas: spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical. Romans 10:2-3, 1 Corinthians 2:10-16) In the area of spiritual instruction, we desire the students to develop a love for God and a Christian worldview. God is the Sustainer of all things, and mankind's greatest need is to be in a right relationship with Him. We acknowledge that man is a sinner and cannot, of himself, know God or please Him. This is only possible by choosing to accept the free gift of salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ, thereby committing one's life to His Lordship (John 6:40). It is from this view of the spiritual needs of students that we approach the intellectual, social, and physical aspects of education. In the area of intellectual instruction, the Rock Academy shares responsibility with parents for developing each student's fullest academic potential. Our philosophy is based on the God-centered view that all truth is God's truth (John 17:17, 2 Corinthians 13:8), and that the Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God that contains this truth (2 Peter 2:20-21). It is further based on the belief that God created the universe in six literal days (24-hour periods) as recorded in Genesis 1 and confirmed in Exodus 20. Our philosophy emphasizes a disciplined academic environment wherein we strive to develop in the students the ability to study, create, communicate, and think and reason logically. Our curriculum reflects the school's philosophy through its detailed, sequential goals and objectives, which progress from grade to grade. The Rock Academy emphasizes an academic approach that incrementally accelerates in intensity, so that students are well prepared to pursue their life's calling according to God's will, having equipped them with the tools necessary to pursue a college education upon graduation in the future, should the Lord so lead. Therefore, we are called to pursue high academic standards as a means of equipping students to become credible, effective, Christ-like leaders in every sphere of influence God has prepared for them. 2 Timothy 2:21, Philippians 2:15 In the area of social instruction, it is the goal of the school to develop students who realize and enjoy who they are in Christ. Students should also learn how to rightly relate to authority, family, and peers from God's perspective. The school is committed to providing a structured and nurturing environment that, in cooperation with the family and the church, will produce balanced, caring, and responsible individuals who will impact their world for Christ. In the area of physical instruction, we endeavor to develop in each student a desire to strive towards optimal health. A Christ-centered approach to competition and teamwork is also encouraged. Additionally, an awareness of various sports fundamentals, motor skills and proper nutrition will be taught. In summary, the Rock Academy exists to be a biblically-based (Proverbs 1:7), academically excellent (Proverbs 4:7) school, serving families who want to equip their children to influence the world for Christ and develop leaders with well-trained intellects, which are subject to righteous character (Proverbs 4:5,18).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Rock Academy?
The acceptance rate of The Rock Academy is 98%, which is higher than the national average of 84%.
What sports does The Rock Academy offer?
The Rock Academy offers 12 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. The Rock Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is The Rock Academy's ranking?
The Rock Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body and Most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for The Rock Academy?
The application deadline for The Rock Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Rock Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards