5.00 (7 reviews)
- Warren-Walker School, whose original campus in Point Loma overlooks the Pacific Ocean, has been a part of the San Diego community since 1932.
- We have more than 85 years of experience in providing an enriching, inviting, and caring environment for learning and growing.
- Today, Warren-Walker has two Lower School campuses for PK-5th grades, one located in Point Loma and the other in La Mesa, and a third 6th-8th grade Middle School campus in Mission Valley.
- La Mesa Lower School is located at 5150 Wilson Street, La Mesa, CA 92142. The Middle School is located at 2231 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, 92108. Beginning in prekindergarten and continuing through eighth grade, small classes, capable and enthusiastic teachers, and lots of student-teacher interaction combine to make Warren-Walker School a very special place for children.
- Students receive challenging academic courses carefully balanced by a curriculum that includes special instruction in art, foreign language, physical education, music, performing arts, and computer and library science.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||464 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for K-8th)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,300|
|Tuition Notes||Enrollment Fee, Instructional Materials Fee & Activity Fee of $1450 to $2600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Amy Hall|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Boys Scouts, Community Service, Girl Scouts, Honor Band, Karate - After school, Student Council, Yoga- After School Band, Boys Scouts, Girl Scouts, Honor Band, Community Service,|
Karate - After school,
Yoga- After School,
- Specialist Programs
- Spanish (daily)
- Physical Education (daily)
- Performing Arts
- Information Technology
- Instrumental Band
- Industrial Arts
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San DiegoGrades: K-8 | 90 students
3811 Mount Acadia Blvd
San Diego, CA 92111
- La JollaGrades: NS-12 | 1155 students
9490 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
- San DiegoGrades: K-9 | 171 students
4895 Saratoga Ave
San Diego, CA 92107
- San DiegoGrades: PK-12 | 1227 students
6501 Linda Vista Rd
San Diego, CA 92111
- La JollaGrades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
My son joined Warren-Walker as a 6th grader. We came from the public school system and were looking for a smaller class size to get individualized attention. We have gotten that and so much more. My son has felt very welcomed and easily joined in....and he is a shy guy ! This group of professionals are top notch and have created a culture that our family values such as high standards in warm, open, diversified and nurturing environment. They also care about and support the families by having inexpensive uniform sales, informative lectures on child development and fun activities too. So far.......so great !!
- Posted by Parent - kifli
Warren Walker is a wonderful place for kids to learn and be the best they can be. The atmosphere is caring, nurturing and safe, as well as very academically challenging. I have two kids that started in kindergarden in La Mesa Warren Walker and are now in the middle school. All of there teachers are wonderful. My kids have enjoy being able to do art, music, drama, and spanish on a regular basis. Our kids love going to school every day. We feel really lucky to be a part of the WWS community. We totally recomend the school to all parents.
- Posted by Parent - Ivett
Check this School out!! Wonderful curriculum and the kids are so happy! What a well-rounded education.
- Posted by Administrator - renee
I highly recommend Warren-Walker School. The students achieve high expectations and are happy to attend school each day.
- Posted by Administrator - pvolk
We have two children at Warren Walker, one at La Mesa and one in Middle School. Both are doing extremely well academically and socially, the schools offer a wonderfully complete curriculum with high expectations. The families are involved and very supportive of the school. We are very happy at Warren Walker!
- Posted by Parent - robyn
My daughter went all the way through WWS and my son is there now. It is such a wonderful place. The atmosphere is caring, nurturing and safe, as well as very challenging. My kids have loved all of there teachers and enjoy being able to do art, music, drama, and learn a foreign language on a regular basis. We feel really lucky to be a part of the WWS community.
- Posted by Parent - kiaco
We found that Warren-Walker School is a great combination of challenging academics, great opportunities for development in art, theater, sports, and music, and a place where my kids can get plenty of warm and fuzzies. The folks who run the school bend over backwards to make you feel welcome, and always put the student's needs first. A great community. We love it there!
- Posted by Parent - sense
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.