School Of The Madeleine
Tel: (619) 276-6545
- School of the Madeleine is a private Catholic elementary school located in South Clairemont in San Diego.
- It is the parish school of St. Mary Magdalene church.
- The school is staffed by a lay faculty dedicated to the Catholic Education of the students.
- School of the Madeleine has a reputation for a strong religious and academic program and student success.
- The mission of School of the Madeleine "Our love is not to be just words or mere talk, but something real and active." Students at School of the Madeleine are empowered to be committed to their Catholic faith, to become aware of their personal potential, and to mature spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
- We achieve this by encouraging an atmosphere of respect, dignity, faith, love, forgiveness, and stewardship to the school, parish, and global community; providing an instructional climate which fosters academic success; presenting opportunities for our students to practice ethical and moral decision-making; and supporting the development of good habits of physical activity and wholesome attitudes toward personal health.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||603 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: K-8 | 121 students
4551 56th Street
San Diego, CA 92115
(619) 582-3862 7.4 K-8
- San Diego Grades: K-6 | 362 students
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 298-9110 2.2 K-6
- San Diego Grades: NS | 62 students
3967 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 299-2890 3.7 NS
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?