Francis W Parker Lower School
- At Francis Parker School, our mission is to provide a superior college preparatory education in a diverse, family-oriented environment that meets the academic, social, creative, emotional, and physical needs of the individual student.
- Founded in 1912, and now with 1,200 students, Francis Parker School is San Diego's oldest and largest independent, non-denominational, coeducational day school.
- Through a system of instruction in the academics, athletics, and arts that is grounded in excellence, Parker students are prepared to succeed at four-year colleges and universities appropriate to their individual goals.
- This level of educational success is based on a foundation of shared values the importance of family; the uniqueness of each individual child; the ethical treatment of others and the world around us; a shared passion for learning between inspired teachers and motivated students.
- Our mission is to provide a superior college-preparatory education in a diverse, family-oriented environment that meets the academic, social, creative, emotional and physical needs of the individual student.
- Francis Parker School is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The School is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 301 students
10728 San Diego Mission Rd
San Diego, CA 92108
(619)641-7987 4.5 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 351 students
6440 St. Therese Way
San Diego, CA 92120
(619)583-6270 6.3 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 607 students
1875 Illion St
San Diego, CA 92110
(619)276-6545 2.2 PK-8
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.