Francis W Parker Lower School
- At Francis Parker School, our mission is to provide a superior college preparatory education in a diverse, family-oriented environment that meets the academic, social, creative, emotional, and physical needs of the individual student.
- Founded in 1912, and now with 1,200 students, Francis Parker School is San Diego's oldest and largest independent, non-denominational, coeducational day school.
- Through a system of instruction in the academics, athletics, and arts that is grounded in excellence, Parker students are prepared to succeed at four-year colleges and universities appropriate to their individual goals.
- This level of educational success is based on a foundation of shared values the importance of family; the uniqueness of each individual child; the ethical treatment of others and the world around us; a shared passion for learning between inspired teachers and motivated students.
- Our mission is to provide a superior college-preparatory education in a diverse, family-oriented environment that meets the academic, social, creative, emotional and physical needs of the individual student.
- Francis Parker School is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The School is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 327 students
10728 San Diego Mission Rd
San Diego, CA 92108
- San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 355 students
6046 Camino Rico
San Diego, CA 92120
- San DiegoGrades: KG-8 | 206 students
4061 Ibis St
San Diego, CA 92103
- Rancho Santa FeGrades: K-6 | 145 students
Po Box 8126
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
- La JollaGrades: NS-12 | 1155 students
9490 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
January 17, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.