Maranatha Christian Schools
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 823 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,638
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Voted Best Private School! - 01/26/2021Maranatha Christian Schools Voted Best Private School in San Diego Reader's 2020 Best Of Reader's Poll!
- Maranatha Christian Volleybal moves up, still wins - 11/09/2019San Diego Section Division II girls volleyball final!
- Maranatha Christian nears fourth straight title - 11/05/2019Eagles sweep Escondido in San Diego Section Division II girls volleyball semifinals.
- Maranatha Christian celebrates Homecoming on new field - 10/17/2019Maranatha Christian High School`s Eagles are going "Out of this World" during their homecoming festivities.
- Maranatha Christian building new fields - 07/17/2019The project will allow teams to play games on campus again. The football, soccer, softball and baseball teams will have new fields on which to play their games.
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
Associated Student Body, Ceramics Club, Dance Crew Club, Design Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Handcraft Club, Hearts for the Lord Club, ISS (International Space Station), Jewelry Club, Key Club, Math Club, Ministry Trips, Missions, National Honor Society, Robotics, Science Fair, Student Newspaper, Surf Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Show, Band, Choir, Drama & Musical Theatre, Drama 2 (UC Approved), Graphics Design, Orchestra, Photography, Student Led Worship, Studio Art, Video Editing
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CIF Baseball, CIF Basketball, CIF Cross Country, CIF Football, CIF Girls Softball, CIF Soccer, CIF Track and Field, CIF Volleyball, Competitive Cheer, HS Wrestling, JH Flag Football
- MCS' learning environment is just as strong academically as it is in Christ. MCS is committed to both.
- We are a premier College Prep School featuring college preparatory academics and innovative learning opportunities.
- AP Test scores track in the 80th percentile (statewide schools track at 60 percent).
- High percentage of our graduating classes matriculate to college.
- 10% of high school students are recognized by College Board as AP Scholars.
- Rigorous academic program includes math competitions and a variety of STEAM activities.
- Broad choice of competitive sports programs, enrichment and co-curricular activities.
- Prepares students for future college admissions requirements.
- Academically challenging program provides a launch pad for higher level learning.
- STEAM oriented program prepares students for the rigor of Junior High and High School.
- Focus on extracurricular participation gets students on the path toward college acceptance.
- Well-rounded program encourages and challenges age-appropriate development.
- Hands-on curriculum in literature, math, art, science, and music (STEAM activities) are a regular part of preschool curriculum.
Endorse Maranatha Christian Schools. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards