Maranatha Christian Schools
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Maranatha Christian Schools is a Christ-centered learning community where students experience God's love, are equipped to fulfill God's unique call and purpose, and excel in their God-given potential through academics, arts and athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||888 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art 2-D-A, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European Civilization, AP Photography, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art - 2D Design, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1134|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,093|
|Tuition Notes||Ranges from $6,919- $11,267|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Doris Thurman|
|Admissions Associate||Carrie Barnard|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||41 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Associated Student Body, Ceramics Club, Dance Crew Club, Design Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Handcraft Club, Hearts for the Lord Club, ISS (International Space Station), Jewelry Club, Key Club, Math Club, Ministry Trips, Missions, National Honor Society, Robotics, Science Fair, Student Newspaper, Surf Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Show, Band, Choir, Drama & Musical Theatre, Drama 2 (UC Approved), Graphics Design, Orchestra, Photography, Student Led Worship, Studio Art, Video Editing
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CIF Baseball, CIF Basketball, CIF Cross Country, CIF Football, CIF Girls Softball, CIF Soccer, CIF Track and Field, CIF Volleyball, Competitive Cheer, HS Wrestling, JH Flag Football
Maranatha Christian School's mission is to train up the next generation of leaders. Our goal is to make sure our students are well prepared for college and university to impact their families, communities, our nation, and the world for Jesus Christ - " Transforming Lives, Transforming the World."
- MCS' learning environment is just as strong academically as it is in Christ. MCS is committed to both.
- We are a premier College Prep School featuring college preparatory academics and innovative learning opportunities.
- AP Test scores track in the 80th percentile (statewide schools track at 60 percent)
- 100% of graduating class 2017 have matriculated to college or career
- 10% of high school students are recognized by College Board as AP Scholars
- Rigorous academic program includes math competitions and a variety of STEAM activities
- Broad choice of competitive sports programs, enrichment and co-curricular activities
- Prepares students for future college admissions requirements
- Academically challenging program provides a launch pad for higher level learning
- STEAM oriented program prepares students for the rigor of Junior High and High School
- Focus on extracurricular participation gets students on the path toward college acceptance
- Well-rounded program encourages and challenges age appropriate development
- Hands on curriculum in literature, math, art, science, and music (STEAM activities) are a regular part of preschool curriculum
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Solana BeachGrades: PK-12 | 999 students
838 Academy Drive
Solana Beach, CA 92075
- San DiegoGrades: PK-12 | 265 students
12855 Black Mountain Rd
San Diego, CA 92129
- OjaiGrades: PK-12 | 293 students
723 El Paseo Road
Ojai, CA 93023
- VistaGrades: NS-12 | 704 students
302 North Emerald Drive
Vista, CA 92083
- Rancho Santa FeGrades: NS-10 | 535 students
6233 El Apajo Road
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
My daughter has been attending MCS since 2013 and she is flourishing! She is hitting her stride at this school which has given her a chance to experience so many more things than she would have at a public school. She is involved in theater, track, cheer, choir, and being a role model for younger students. As a parent I am thrilled that she is having a well- rounded education with a good balance of academics, arts and athletics. What I truly love about Maranatha Christian School is the heart and caring of the teaching staff and faculty. They genuinely care about my daughter, and go out of their way to make sure she is on track while providing her with encouragement along the way. Maranatha offers a rich, stable, and well-nourished learning experience. I appreciate MCS` courage and desire to continue to educate in a faith based framework that is dedicated to both higher education and serving God. Yes, we can have both! Most of all, my daughter actually looks forward to going to school every day! We are here to stay.
- Posted by Parent - Sistiana Chestnut
My daughter has been attending MCS since 2013 and she is flourishing! Maranatha has given her opportunities that she might not have experienced at a public school. She is involved in theater, track, cheer, and choir. As a parent I am thrilled that she is having a well- rounded education with a good balance of academics, arts and athletics in a faith based framework. The teaching staff and faculty genuinely care about my daughter and her future. The faculty demonstrate their dedication to both a higher education and service to God with every decision they make. Maranatha is a stable and well-nourished learning experience for children of all grades. Most of all, my daughter actually looks forward to going to school every day! We are here to stay.
- Posted by Parent - Sistiana Chestnut
Last year, my son transferred into MCS mid-year as a high school sophomore. He found the courses more challenging than those at his high-performing public high school, and yet he said learning was easier because "the teachers really care at this school." His demeanor changed immediately from a stressed-out, frowning teen to a smiling, relaxed young man. I saw the smile he had lost in middle school again. This school is a loving environment with a true Christian world view. My son has no social pressure here. he is challenging himself more to perform academically this year because his friends take school seriously, but they also have fun. Finally, my son is a very competitive baseball player, and he has found challenges and support from the new athletic director and first-rate coaching staff. They are helping him take his baseball to the college level. Finally, the college and career counselor is the best! This is a beautiful school in a beautiful setting with a beautiful vibe. You need to visit to really experience it.
- Posted by Parent - tracy
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.