- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 646 students
- Yearly Tuition: $26,560
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- San Diego Jewish Academy`s Early Childhood Center (ECC) features both infant and toddler care as well as a preschool. Our infant/toddler Care Program is fully licensed and serves children ages six weeks to 30 months. It is a home away from home, rich in Jewish values and traditions. Babies, wobblers and toddlers in the ECC are safe, nurtured and loved and our experienced faculty provides activities that encourage the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of young children. Here, children are introduced to the skills needed to succeed in school and in life- while having fun!
- Our Preschool Program takes a balanced approach to early childhood education. At the core of our philosophy, we believe that each child is unique and therefore deserves individual attention and care. We incorporate the best practices from different theories and philosophies (child-centered, teacher-directed, project-based, theme-based, emergent curriculum, group collaboration) and create a warm and inviting Jewish preschool environment where the child is at the center of all we do.
- The preschool`s classroom environment is designed as a teaching laboratory, offering creative spaces that stimulate thinking, foster relationships and promote a child`s sense of identity as an individual and as part of the larger community. SDJA`s Preschool provides all children with the support of nurturing staff and a stimulating environment that enhances every child`s educational experience.
- At Golda Meir Lower School (GMLS), emphasis is given to both strong academics and Jewish education and values to help students progress both scholastically and as individuals. Individualized attention and small class sizes help your child develop the ability to ask insightful questions, apply his or her learning and formulate solutions to real life simulations. Students are engaged with interactive lessons that teach through story and experience in addition to textbook learning. SDJA provides a well-rounded education in art, music, physical education, science, and information technology. Learning Hebrew and understanding the richness of Jewish culture are also integral parts of the lower school curriculum, helping students make Judaism a relevant part of their lives.
- An SDJA lower school education not only prepares your child for the transition into middle school and high school, it also ignites their passions and helps mold them into well-rounded, compassionate young adults.
- Maimonides Upper School - SDJA alumni attend top colleges including Yale, Stanford, and many of the Universities of California but there is more to being a great student. Our kids are smart and well rounded. They are compassionate, connected, know who they are and primed to take on the challenges of a constantly changing world. An SDJA education emphasizes individualized attention which allows students and teachers to develop personal relationships. By understanding their students, our teachers are able to identify what motivates them and engage their passions. This helps foster an innate sense of community at our school and enhances the educational experience of our students. With an average class size of 17, teachers understand what motivates their students to pursue their ambitions. This often results in amazing elective courses designed to meet particular interests. SDJA also has award-winning athletics and a vibrant arts program, helping us develop well-rounded leaders who enter the world with a strong sense of identity. By blending strong academics with a values-based character education, our graduates develop a moral compass and are prepared to enter the next phase of learning. At SDJA, we don`t graduate students; we graduate students who are prepared for life.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does San Diego Jewish Academy cost?
What sports does San Diego Jewish Academy offer?
What is San Diego Jewish Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for San Diego Jewish Academy?
Endorse San Diego Jewish Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards