San Diego Jewish Academy
- A pluralistic preschool -12th grade school serving the Jewish community, our mission is to further Academic Excellence, Social Responsibility, and Active Jewish Living.
- San Diego Jewish Academy is shaping the foundation of future thinkers, creators, and community leaders by blending modern education with greater purpose and meaning.
- At San Diego Jewish Academy we:Inspire our students to embrace creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurial thinking in their learning
- Instill in our students a deep understanding and respect for the values and insights of Jewish tradition and a love of Israel that will lead them to live lives of Jewish meaning
- Prepare our graduates to be leaders of integrity, social responsibility, and architects of change
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||573 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Music Theory AP English Literature and Composition AP English Language and C omposition AP US History AP Art History AP Statistics AP Calculus AB AP Calculus BC AP Biology AP Chemistry AP Physics 1 AP Physics 2|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,560|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs varies widely depending upon the grade level of the incoming student.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,500|
|Admissions Director||Keri Copans|
|Admissions Associate||Marni Weiss|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- San Diego Jewish Academy`s Early Childhood Center (ECC) features both infant and toddler care as well as a preschool. Our infant/toddler Care Program is fully licensed and serves children ages six weeks to 30 months. It is a home away from home, rich in Jewish values and traditions. Babies, wobblers and toddlers in the ECC are safe, nurtured and loved and our experienced faculty provides activities that encourage the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of young children. Here, children are introduced to the skills needed to succeed in school and in life- while having fun!
- Our Preschool Program takes a balanced approach to early childhood education. At the core of our philosophy, we believe that each child is unique and therefore deserves individual attention and care. We incorporate the best practices from different theories and philosophies (child-centered, teacher-directed, project-based, theme-based, emergent curriculum, group collaboration) and create a warm and inviting Jewish preschool environment where the child is at the center of all we do.
- The preschool`s classroom environment is designed as a teaching laboratory, offering creative spaces that stimulate thinking, foster relationships and promote a child`s sense of identity as an individual and as part of the larger community. SDJA`s Preschool provides all children with the support of nurturing staff and a stimulating environment that enhances every child`s educational experience.
- At Golda Meir Lower School (GMLS), emphasis is given to both strong academics and Jewish education and values to help students progress both scholastically and as individuals. Individualized attention and small class sizes help your child develop the ability to ask insightful questions, apply his or her learning and formulate solutions to real life simulations. Students are engaged with interactive lessons that teach through story and experience in addition to textbook learning. SDJA provides a well-rounded education in art, music, physical education, science, and information technology. Learning Hebrew and understanding the richness of Jewish culture are also integral parts of the lower school curriculum, helping students make Judaism a relevant part of their lives.
- An SDJA lower school education not only prepares your child for the transition into middle school and high school, it also ignites their passions and helps mold them into well-rounded, compassionate young adults.
- Maimonides Upper School - SDJA alumni attend top colleges including Yale, Stanford, and many of the Universities of California but there is more to being a great student. Our kids are smart and well rounded. They are compassionate, connected, know who they are and primed to take on the challenges of a constantly changing world. An SDJA education emphasizes individualized attention which allows students and teachers to develop personal relationships. By understanding their students, our teachers are able to identify what motivates them and engage their passions. This helps foster an innate sense of community at our school and enhances the educational experience of our students. With an average class size of 17, teachers understand what motivates their students to pursue their ambitions. This often results in amazing elective courses designed to meet particular interests. SDJA also has award-winning athletics and a vibrant arts program, helping us develop well-rounded leaders who enter the world with a strong sense of identity. By blending strong academics with a values-based character education, our graduates develop a moral compass and are prepared to enter the next phase of learning. At SDJA, we don`t graduate students; we graduate students who are prepared for life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encinitas Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
3616 Manchester Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760) 942-1111 6.2 PK-8
My son attends SDJA - in the 9th grade. He could not be more happy! He loves his classes, his teachers and all of the opportunities for him to explore. This is his first year there and he has already made good friends. He is playing soccer (scored his first goals!), is on the robotics team and his teachers really care about him.
- Posted by Parent - Zvi Ben Moshe
I have been a Parent of this amazing institution for 13 years, my children have been in this school from kindergarten to HIgh School, the level of education is amazing, Both of my older kids were accepted to amazing Universities, the curriculum and the programing is excellent. The teachers are so well prepared and they are very involved with the kids, I am so happy my children are not only a number, they are persons, every teacher knows their name. It's a great institution!
- Posted by Parent - nadin