Del Mar Hills Nursery School
- Delmar Hills Nursery School addresses total development for the whole child— socially, emotionally, physically, creatively and cognitively.
- Through play, children develop with pleasure and natural interest. We offer children a unique environment.
- In most other programs, a child is kept within a classroom except for occasional visits to the playground.
- At Delmar Hills Nursery School, children guide and explore their own environment on their own terms.
- Structure, which is important, is provided by assigning similar-age children to a primary teacher for morning group time and each child has Orff with that same group every day.
- At this school Teachers support children in expressing themselves and reaching solutions together.
- Staff works diligently to help children communicate and gain respect for one another.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Del Mar Grades: K-8 | 26 students
2293 Del Mar Heights Rd,
Del Mar, CA 92014
(858)481-1963 0.4 K-8
- San Diego Grades: NS-PK
12863 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
(858)794-7710 0.8 NS-PK
- Del Mar Grades: 6-12 | 101 students
215 Ninth Street
Del Mar, CA 92014
(858)259-8155 1 6-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.