Notre Dame Academy
- Notre Dame Academy brings together religious, catholic/Christian lay staff as facilitators of learning, who in co-operation with the parents, the primary educators of their children, will provide a quality education.
- The Academy strives to inspire its students to grow as committed Christians in their faith, to become aware of their personal potential as disciples, and become virtuous, diligent, and responsible citizens in a contemporary world.
- Through loving guidance, co-operative effort, hard work, prayer and support, each Notre Dame Academy student is holistically prepared to participate actively in the life of family, church, and the communities of the 21st century.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
chess club, Student Council, Yearbook Committee
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: PK-12 | 392 students
2277 Rosecrans St.
San Diego, CA 92106
(619)764-5200 14.3 PK-12
Notre Dame Academy makes the mission of providing a strong Catholic education a reality. The children get a solid academic education in an active Catholic Christian culture for the students, the school community, and the parish. The daily school-wide convocation with prayers, hymns, and pledge of allegiance is a wholesome way to start the day. The weekly Friday Mass with the whole school in formal uniform and on their best behavior, led by the students, gives the school a tangible sense of being a close, supportive faith community. The monthly Eucharistic Adoration (even if only for a minute) after the Friday Mass for the whole school (amazingly even kindergarteners do participate in Eucharistic adoration) is a singular experience and practice of solemnity and reverence in a world that often does not understand the value of prayer and quiet presence. The leadership, active engagement in teaching, and spiritual presence of religious sisters in habits, is a special witness and blessing to students, who otherwise may never meet a religious sister in their lives outside of this school. Many of the students, religious sisters, teachers, priests and even the canine mascots of the school are also often seen at the parish's Sunday Mass, creating a vibrant continuous experience between the school and the church. These details are a window into what make NDA a uniquely faith-building Catholic Christian educational experience. My children receive a strong "regular education"; but furthermore, here at NDA, my children's growth in the Catholic faith is fostered in a blessed and effective way.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of students at NDA