Cal Coast Academy
- Cal Coast Academy is a college preparatory WASC Accredited, UC Approved, and NCAA Certified private school serving students in grades 6-12.
- The faculy and staff members at Cal Coast Academy are committed to helping students learn in new ways, enabling them to become independent, self-directed learners and self-advocates.
- Cal Coast Academy's dynamic academics, unparalleled faculty support, and customized educational plans are ideal for every type of learner.
- It is the mission of Cal Coast Academy to prepare a diverse community of young people for a lifetime of intellectual exploration, academic growth, and social responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
National Independent Private Schools Association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,200|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Italian Language and Culture, Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Statistics, United States Government & Politics, United States History, World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Haile Brooke|
|Admissions Associate||Malia Matthews|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Crew, Dance, Equestrian, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballArchery, Ballet,|
Flag Football, Football,
Golf, Mountain Biking,
Soccer, Surf Team,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
C3 (Cal Coast Cares), CCASB (Cal Coast Associated Student Body), LOL (Learn on Location)
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Equestrian Team, Surf Team
CAL COAST ACADEMY IS PROVIDING EDUCATION AS UNIQUE AS EACH STUDENT'S FINGERPRINT
- Cal Coast Academy believes that the individual student is the guiding principle in the evolution of our Schools educational programs. Our instruction is tailored to students learning styles and flexibility drives all of our aspects of academia. Our small class size (6:1 student/teacher ratio) facilitates individualism. Cal Coast Academy embraces change and innovation in the service of fulfilling our commitment to our students.
- Cal Coast Academy believes that our students succeed in college and later in life because they are comfortable, valued, and unconditionally embraced academically, socially, creatively, and emotionally in our learning environment. This empowers our students to strive for excellence to experience the value of hard work, to think critically, to collaborate productively, to express themselves thoughtfully, and to overcome the challenges they encounter in life.
- Cal Coast Academy believes that the interconnectedness of countries and cultures and the profound impact of our collective actions on the world around us highlight the importance of instilling in our students a sense of global awareness, humanity exercised through social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
- Cal Coast Academy cherishes the variety of perspectives, personalities, and passions that our students bring, and we believe that this diversity makes our school a community where each can learn from all.
- Cal Coast Academy believes that talented, dedicated, and passionate teachers, who hold high expectations for all, engage in communication with parents, and find fulfillment in their work are the greatest resource we have to call upon in educating our students.
- Cal Coast Academy is privileged to be educating the next generation of leaders, and we know that their success depends upon their honor and moral integrity, their capacity for managing complexity, their versatility and resolution, and their confidence in embarking on ambitious endeavors; all learned given proper support and modeling.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Del Mar Grades: NS-8 | 26 students
2293 Del Mar Heights Rd,
Del Mar, CA 92014
(858)481-1963 2.2 NS-8
- Encinitas Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
3616 Manchester Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)942-1111 6.1 PK-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.