Encinitas Country Day School
- Encinitas Country Day School is a K-8 elementary and middle school accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (W.A.S.C.) and dedicated to support student development through balanced intellectual, creative, physical and personal development.
- Traditional academic instruction is enriched by hands-on learning opportunities, visual and performing arts training, physical education, college preparatory courses at middle school level and ongoing attention to citizenship and character.
- Our multi-dimensional approach is proven to capture student interest and inspire a love of learning, self-direction, self-control and strength of character at an early age.
- College preparatory coursework and a focus on developing independent thinking,strength of character and leadership skills in the middle years prepares students for the rigors, freedom and challenges of student life at the high school level.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(burgundy, navy & khaki)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for primary, kindergarten, lower and middle school programs|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Porterfield|
|Admissions Associate||Jeffrey Peterson|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Surf Team, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Surf Team, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Dance Club, Middle School Tutorials, Music 'n Motion, Sports Club, Sports League, The Actor's Studio|
- Library and Librarian
- Media Center and Technology Instruction
- Science Lab and on-campus Conservation Area and Instruction
- Visual and Performing Arts, Classrooms, Studio, Amphitheater and Instruction
- Playing field, Hard court and Natural running track for P.E. Instruction
- Certificated faculty for academic support at all levels
- High academic standards
- Support for learning differences
- Standardized Testing
- After school and summer classes, programs and camps
- Individual, team and league sports
- Active and welcoming parent-teacher organization
- Involved students who love to learn
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encinitas Grades: K-8 | 300 students
141 S Rancho Santa Fe Road
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)436-1102 1.5 K-8
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 11.9 NS-8
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.