Encinitas Country Day School
- Encinitas Country Day School is a K-8 elementary and middle school accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (W.A.S.C.) and dedicated to support student development through balanced intellectual, creative, physical and personal development.
- Traditional academic instruction is enriched by hands-on learning opportunities, visual and performing arts training, physical education, college preparatory courses at middle school level and ongoing attention to citizenship and character.
- Our multi-dimensional approach is proven to capture student interest and inspire a love of learning, self-direction, self-control and strength of character at an early age.
- College preparatory coursework and a focus on developing independent thinking,strength of character and leadership skills in the middle years prepares students for the rigors, freedom and challenges of student life at the high school level.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(burgundy, navy & khaki)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for primary, kindergarten, lower and middle school programs|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Porterfield|
|Admissions Associate||Jeffrey Peterson|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Surf Team, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Surf Team, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Dance Club, Middle School Tutorials, Music 'n Motion, Sports Club, Sports League, The Actor's Studio|
- Library and Librarian
- Media Center and Technology Instruction
- Science Lab and on-campus Conservation Area and Instruction
- Visual and Performing Arts, Classrooms, Studio, Amphitheater and Instruction
- Playing field, Hard court and Natural running track for P.E. Instruction
- Certificated faculty for academic support at all levels
- High academic standards
- Support for learning differences
- Standardized Testing
- After school and summer classes, programs and camps
- Individual, team and league sports
- Active and welcoming parent-teacher organization
- Involved students who love to learn
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encinitas Grades: K-8 | 300 students
141 S Rancho Santa Fe Road
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)436-1102 1.5 K-8
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 11.9 NS-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?