The Rhoades School
5.00 (1 review)
- Rhoades School students are creative, curious and independent thinkers who exhibit an enthusiasm and passion for learning.
- At Rhoades, students set high expectations for themselves and welcome the opportunity to dig deeply into subject matter, whether questioning if mathematics is really about numbers or examining if literature can serve as a vehicle for social change.
- The faculty at Rhoades engage in instructional practices that emphasize collaboration and discussion; Rhoades is an environment where student engagement and participation flourish.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Academically advanced students|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,820|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates differ for Elementary School and Middle School. Please visit the school's website for detailed information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jenni L Beadle|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Rhoades School students are creative, curious and independent thinkers who exhibit an enthusiasm and passion for learning. At Rhoades, students set high expectations for themselves and welcome the opportunity to dig deeply into subject matter, whether questioning if mathematics is really about numbers or examining if literature can serve as a vehicle for social change. The faculty at Rhoades engage in instructional practices that emphasize collaboration and discussion; Rhoades is an environment where student engagement and participation flourish.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encinitas Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
3616 Manchester Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)942-1111 1.5 PK-8
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 12.9 NS-8
A couple years ago my daughter, then in sixth grade, was attending what we felt was a good north San Diego County private school. She approached me one day toward the end of that school year and complained that she felt she wasn't being challenged enough academically in just about every subject. She asked me if we could consider looking for an alternative school that would be more committed to academic excellence. I agreed, and we started looking at and visiting just about every school in the area. After several field trips and talking to many neighboring parents and students, we both concluded that the Rhoades School in Encinitas was the finest lower and middle school in North County. My daughter applied for and fortunately was admitted to the Rhoades School's 7th grade the following year. She is now in 8th grade and has been attending Rhoades for almost a school year and a half and it has been EVERYTHING she had hoped for. She has been far more challenged and is learning so much more in every subject including math, science, the humanities and technology. Her math and writing skills have improved tremendously. She entered her first science fair ever and went to the county and regional finals. She has learned incredible programming skills on multiple platforms and has thoroughly enjoyed it. She was encouraged and supported to enter a regional creativity contest combining the humanities and arts disciplines and won an award there as well. In short, my daughter's entire scholastic experience at the Rhoades School has been INCREDIBLE: incredibly challenging, incredibly fulfilling and incredibly fun.
- Posted by Parent - Timothy Ryan
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.