- Horizon Prep’s Distinctively Different Vision is “to prepare a generation of spiritually mature, academically advanced, physically equipped, and socially developed individuals for a life of opportunity and service to the glory of God.” With Christ-Centered, Classically Based, Academic Excellence, that vision becomes reality.
- Currently serving approximately 535 students Preschool - 8th grade (expanding Secondary by launching 9th & 10th Grade in 2013, adding a grade per year through 12th grade), Horizon Prep is consistently in the Top 3% Nationwide on standardized test scores and is fully accredited with WASC and ACSI.
- For the last five years, Horizon Prep has been recognized as “Best of” by the readers of Ranch & Coast Magazine.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Allisen Hemple|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Schrift|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- Horizon Prep - a great place to grow up!
- Horizon Prep’s Preschool and Pre-K are the building blocks to a classical, literacy based Kindergarten. Horizon Prep’s Kindergarten is the capstone experience of our three-year Early Education Program. Fully credentialed teachers inspire and encourage Kindergartners to become life-long learners. Exciting extracurricular enrichment classes compliment a core curriculum and provide a well-rounded educational experience.
- 1st – 8th Graders are instructed in a strong Core Curriculum (math, science, language arts, and history), as well as Latin, Art, Music, Spanish, Library, Technology, and Sports. Championship Sports Teams (Formerly with IMSL, now with South Coast Middle School League ) round out the curricular experience with Competitive Interscholastic Athletics.
- Imagine a High School where your child is known – not just a number. A High School with Academic Rigor, AP & Honors Courses; where the finish line isn’t just about “getting into the best university,” it’s about developing a sense of one’s God-given Life Calling and Career path. A High school where Discipleship, Leadership, and Citizenship work together in the development of a Biblical Worldview. A High School with CIF Athletics & Christian Coaches. Imagine a High School where Humanities, Math, and Science are complemented by the study of Foreign Languages, Rhetoric, Economics, Statistics, and the Arts. Horizon Prep offers a Christ-centered, Classically Based, High School education accredited by WASC & ACSI; where Fully Credentialed, Highly Skilled Teachers serve as accessible role models, nurturing your child in a safe environment. Dreams are now reality! Horizon Prep is expanding its Secondary program to include 9th & 10th grade in Fall 2013, adding a grade every year through 12th grade. We invite you to come and see what a difference the right High School can make for your child. www.horizonprep.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carlsbad Grades: PK-3 | 32 students
3016 Highland Dr
Carlsbad, CA 92008
(760)230-4230 11.8 PK-3
- Encinitas Grades: K | 11 students
286 N El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)479-9889 2.9 K
- Encinitas Grades: PK-K | 12 students
220 Calle De Madera
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)436-4402 5 PK-K
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.