The Cambridge School
Cambridge School, located in Pennington, NJ, (Princeton area) is an independent special education school for children who have been diagnosed with primary language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, ADHD, and auditory processing disorder, among others. Cambridge School was founded on the belief that every child deserves the opportunity for an excellent education.
We are committed to providing that education for children who learn differently.
Our program is individualized to meet each child`s needs and his or her welfare is our primary objective.Cambridge is a small school where teaching, learning and personal relationships are paramount.
Our curriculum develops specific academic skills, builds a foundation of knowledge on those skills and stimulates intellectual curiosity.We provide a multi-sensory, whole-child approach to education in a non-clinical, nurturing, traditional school environment.
We promise our students opportunities to investigate their interests, acquire confidence in their abilities, believe in their own intrinsic worth, and develop the skills necessary to achieve success.Our goal is to prepare each student with the necessary academic, personal and social skills to succeed.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 125 students
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Our language-based curriculum utilizes the Hochman Basic Writing Skills Program, Wilson Reading System, Lindamood-Bell, and Orton-Gillingham techniques. To develop the skills needed to master language. Our program utilizes phonics and emphasizes multi-sensory teaching, including visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning styles. Our teachers are specially trained in phonics-based, multi-sensory teaching programs including Orton-Gillingham, Lindamood-Bell and they are also Level 1 certified in the Wilson Reading System. The instruction is carefully individualized so each student can progress at his/her own optimal rate. We believe that the structure and sequence of the program helps not only to improve basic skills, but also to organize the students` general way of learning. It is a step-by-step process that leads to an increased mastery and sense of self-esteem. A phonics-based, multi-sensory approach can be beneficial to any student, but to the student who learns differently, it is critical.
Endorse The Cambridge School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.