The Evans School
- Our traditional learning environment and small class size enable teachers to form a strong connection with each student.
- While we encourage academic excellence, we strive for outstanding citizenship and mutual respect among all students and staff.Evans recognizes the importance of family participation; parental acceptance of our philosophy is essential.
- This emphasis, along with positive reinforcement by both staff and parents, is vital to the successful education of our students.We encourage our students in the following areas: love of learning, sound reasoning skills, strong study habits, effective communication, making wise choices, understanding other cultures, appreciation of the arts, enthusiasm for sports, caring for others, fostering healthy friendships, love for animals, respect for nature, pride for patriotism, gratitude toward family, and awareness of health and balanced nutrition.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Brumfield|
- The Evans School is dedicated to fostering moral and mental development in each child, while, at the same time, preparing them physically, socially, and emotionally to become caring and productive citizens. Emphasized continually are our basic values: a strong sense of personal integrity, genuine concern for others, and the belief that God is present in all our lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 1.2 NS-8
- Encinitas Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
3616 Manchester Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)942-1111 13 PK-8
- Encinitas Grades: K-8 | 300 students
141 S Rancho Santa Fe Road
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)436-1102 14.1 K-8
Evans is a gem of a school, full of such warmth and a strong sense of community. It's like a big family where 6th graders greet all the younger students by name & every teacher cares for & supports the students like their own children.The academics are superb; setting up the kids to be confident learners and very prepared for middle & high school. The science lab is amazing and is a favorite of my child. Kids are grouped by reading & math levels starting in lower school for a very personalized educational approach , resulting in even smaller teacher-student ratios. At least once a month there is a performance of some kind - musicals, poetry readings, Christmas and Thanksgiving concerts. My kids love this aspect of the school and it has helped my shy child grow more confident, especially with public speaking. As a parent I also love these performances - in addition to the many family picnics and parent-only Christmas parties - as a time to connect with fellow parents, teachers and staff.Lastly and most importantly, the school's focus on values, integrity and character building is what sets it apart. My child comes home from school almost more proud of her 'kindness' award than any grade she achieves....and I love this message that the school promotes. I could not recommend this school more!
- Posted by Parent - Heidi
Our family adores the Evans School. The school environment is safe, warm and welcoming, and the teachers and staff truly care about the students. The character education that is provided at this school is invaluable. Our children were taught how to be citizens with integrity and a heart of gold. Students are well-prepared for middle school and are appropriately academically challenged at Evans.
- Posted by Parent - Amy