Mission Bay Montessori Academy
- Mission Bay Montessori Academy is located in the University City section of San Diego on 18 acres, in a secluded setting, bounded by canyon and park.
- Our purpose is to aid the development of the child to the fullest possible realization of the child's unique individual potentialities.
- The Montessori Method is based on a child's imperious need to learn by doing.
- It develops the whole personality of the child, not merely their intellectual faculties, but also their powers of deliberation, initiative and independent choice with their emotional complements.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||349 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||Annual payment and 2nd child discounts available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristie Miller and Jen Ryan|
|Admissions Associate||Catherine Jewell|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Chess, Chinese, Chorus, Drama, Golf, Karate, Piano, Pre K Art, Pre K Dance, Pre K Gymnastics, Pre K Karate, Pre K Play Ball, Pre K Soccer, Pre K Spanish, Seasonal Team Sports, Soccer, Spanish, Tennis, Violin, Woodshop|
- 90+ percentile on standardized testing
- Gold Standard band with 5th/6th grade Chorus
- Full complement of art, science and computer
- Spanish and Chinese language classes
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 1.5 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.