Del Mar Pines School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Del Mar Pines School Photo #2 - Del Mar Pines school children have the opportunity to get involved. They participate in numerous classes and activities such as student leadership, yearbook, math club and much more.
Del Mar Pines School Photo #3 - Del Mar Pines School offers its students a traditional learning environment with a low student teacher ration and small group instruction. Technology is integrated across the curriculum for a dynamic learning experience.
Del Mar Pines School Photo #4 - Every year Del Mar Pines School puts on a school wide performance extravaganza affectionately know as Spring Sing. In addition to the school wide performance, each grade puts on a play that relates to the topics they are learning in class such as the solar system, revolutionary war and ancestors.
Del Mar Pines School Photo #5 - Students blend art, science and community action at Del Mar Pines School.
Del Mar Pines School Photo #6 - Award winning art program is just one of many standard enrichment classes offered at Del Mar Pines School. These include weekly instruction in Spanish, art, music, PE, technology and hands-on science.
Del Mar Pines School Photo #7 - Fun is never in short supply at Del Mar Pines School. The sports field is always put to good use.
- Del Mar Pines School was founded in 1978 to meet the individual needs of students from grade K - 6.
- We support children with academic abilities ranging from average to advanced. To ensure that all students reach their academic potential, we have small instructional groups for language arts and math in an ability group at each grade level.
- Students at grade level are challenged at that level, and children with more advanced academic abilities are given an accelerated curriculum that could be one to two years above their grade level.
- In addition to our outstanding academic program, we also offer excellent art, Spanish, music, PE, technology, hands-on science and library programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(selections from Land)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,150|
|Tuition Notes||There is also a $350 book and material fee for all students. Siblings receive a $500 discount.|
|Admissions Director||Marci McCord|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Mad Science - Science in Action, Math Club, ThoughtStem Youth Computer Coding, Yearbook Club|
Club or Organization:
Golf, Science Field Day
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama, Monart
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Considering a private elementary school for your child Del Mar Pines School is one of the best. Every kindergarten through sixth grade student enjoys a core syllabus of language arts, mathematics, science and social studies, complemented by extensive programs of music, fine arts, Spanish language, technology, hands-on science, library and physical education taught in a safe, nurturing environment. We provide our San Diego elementary school students the opportunity to express intellectual curiosity and creativity while promoting strong interpersonal relationships. Del Mar Pines school has a one-to-one student to technology ratio. With the latest Apple MacBook laptops and iPads, teachers integrate curriculum and real-world skills.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encinitas Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
3616 Manchester Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)942-1111 4.7 PK-8
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 7.5 NS-8
- Encinitas Grades: K-8 | 300 students
141 S Rancho Santa Fe Road
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)436-1102 5.5 K-8
Great school! I can't imagine a better fit for my family.
- Posted by Parent - miche
This is a wonderful school. The small size enables the children to develop in ways a larger school would not. The academics are rigorous, yet the staff maintains a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Small class size and small instructional groups enable teachers to really address each child's needs and help them reach their full potential.
- Posted by Parent - megpa
I have a 4th and 2nd grader at Del Mar Pines and I highly recommend this school. My children started in Kindergarten and have flourished in this amazing environment where learning is fun and the exploration of knowledge is a priority. My kids LOVE going to school every day and are thriving because of the very individualized attention they get from their exceptional teachers and the robust curriculum. They are challenged to reach their academic potential but never stressed or put under unnecessary pressured to achieve academic success. Del Mar Pines is a very special place for children and their families.
- Posted by Parent - tdeve
Teaching kindergarten at Del Mar Pines is my passion and a joy every day! Our teaching staff is committed to creating a nurturing environment, to encouraging creativity, to instilling responsibility and to fostering life-long learning. The kindergarten class is a place where each child is celebrated for their unique qualities, and guided with patience and enthusiasm. Our small-group reading and math instruction allows each child to be challenged and to work at the highest potential. Every day is fun, whether we are discovering a stick bug with the video projector and looking up its characteristics on Wikipedia, or recording our voices on the iPad and exporting pictures about Martin Luther King Jr. The most rewarding experience is watching the children grow from kindergarten to sixth grade. It is a totally caring and supportive community involving the students, teachers, staff and parents. I have been teaching for over 30 years, and can t imagine teaching anywhere other than at Del Mar Pines School.
- Posted by Teacher - sconn
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.