Cathedral Catholic High School
- MISSION An innovative academic community of lifelong learners grounded in the Catholic faith that prepares our graduates to live God`s call and build the Kingdom.
- PROMISE Cathedral Catholic High School is a community built on faith, knowledge, character, and responsibility since 1957.
- PHILOSOPHY Cathedral Catholic High School is a leader in Catholic, college preparatory education.
- Our rigorous, innovative education program is offered in a nurturing community based on teachings of Jesus Christ and Traditions of the Catholic Church.Our Cathedral Catholic core values - faith, knowledge, character, and responsibility - developed from our University of San Diego High School heritage, guide our graduates` growth to become responsible leaders.
- Our program is student centered, recognizing that each person is made in the image and likeness of God and shaped by differences in interest, ability, and background.
- We are a collaborative community, dedicated to lifelong learning and teaching students to assume responsibility for their own educational and spiritual growth.
- In partnership with parents, we form an educational ministry that is mutually supportive and committed to excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Processing or Reading Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Intellectual Disability or Delay|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,628 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||104 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||24 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Latin, AP Macro Economics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Physics C, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art 2D Design, AP Studio Art 3D Design, AP Studio Art Drawing, AP World History, Dual Enrollment Art 150A & Art 155A, Dual Enrollment Art 195A & Art 195B, Dual Enrollment Calculus D, Dual Enrollment Drama 110 & Drama 232, Dual Enrollment History 109, Dual Enrollment History 110, Dual Enrollment History 110 & History 111, Dual Enrollment Linear Algebra, Dual Enrollment Math 265 (Differential Equations) & Math 270 (Linear Algebra), Dual Enrollment Music 115, Dual Enrollment Nutrition 100 & Nutrition 108, Dual Enrollment Psychology 101, Dual Enrollment Psychology 245, Dual Enrollment Sociology, Dual Enrollment Sociology 101 & Sociology 102, Honors Algebra 2/ Trigonometry, Honors Anatomy & Physiology, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors English 1, Honors English 2, Honors English 3, Honors Geometry, Honors Pre-Calculus|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 25 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,500|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Tysor|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryle Bui|
|Total Sports Offered||25 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBadminton, Baseball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Surf Team, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Inline Hockey (non-recreational), Sand Volleyball (non-recreational), Team Tennis
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: K-12 | 1128 students
5725 Kearny Villa Rd Suite G
San Diego, CA 92123
(858) 541-2254 9.3 K-12
- San Diego Grades: 9-12 | 1478 students
5961 Linda Vista Rd
San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 298-8277 13.1 9-12