Kinderhouse Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (858) 550-0097
- Kinderhouse Montessori School serves 125 students in grades Prekindergarten-4 and is a member of the Association Montessori International (AMI).
- The student:teacher of Kinderhouse Montessori School is 16:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
OpenMinds Engineering Class
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance class, My Music Workshop
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Amazing Athletes, Soccer Shots
- Our Values:
- We love each and every child at our schools unconditionally. Each child is unique and each child deserves individual nurturing, attention, stimulation, and education.
- We adhere to the Montessori principles and the standards set by AMI and will always strive to be the best teachers, work with the best materials, and provide the warmest environment.
- We will treat all members of our Kinderhouse family children, parents, teachers and staff with the utmost respect
- Honesty & IntegrityWe will always be truthful to our children, teachers, staff members, and parents. We will keep our promises, and we will uphold our principles and follow our policies.
- We seek to understand our children and their circumstances. We care for the "whole" child and his family.
- We strive to build a community around our children, their families, our teachers, and our neighbors. We want to cultivate the child`s sense of belonging and cohesion.
- We take responsibility for educating each child over a three year period so that they have a solid foundation upon which to build their lives. We are responsible for teaching them to read, write, add, subtract, multiply, divide, analyze, cooperate, communicate, and to be inquisitive and independent.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: NS
10068 Pacific Heights Blvd
San Diego, CA 92121
(858) 546-9115 1 NS
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 361 students
8160 Gold Coast Dr
San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 693-1522 1.7 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: NS-5 | 136 students
9028 Westmore Road
San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 566-1741 2.8 NS-5
- San Diego Grades: PK-6 | 154 students
9001 Towne Centre Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
(858) 535-1144 3.1 PK-6
Our daughter has been going to Kinderhouse Montessori School for last last 3 years. She joined in toddler class when she was 2.5 years. This school has made such a positive impact on our daughter`s life. The teachers & the staff are wonderful. The teachers are caring, teach in small groups & let each child go at his or her own pace. Focus is on kid`s independence. They also use materials to help children understand the lessons in different ways and make learning things interesting & fun. Our daughter has made remarkable progress not only academically but also in social, emotional and behavioral aspects. The school is dedicated towards development of the whole child.The staff is always approachable and respond to any queries/concerns in a timely mannerWe are very grateful to the teachers and staff for the amazing difference they have made in our daughter`s life and for instilling love for learning !
- Posted by Parent - Prachi
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?