Children's Growing Center-first United Methodist
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Appropriate for play and messiness!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies, see website for current tuition rates.|
- Children`s Growing Center (CGC) is a licensed, church-related school serving the families of San Diego and centrally located in Mission Valley.
- During the first five years of life, a person forms a basic pattern of life skills. We provide a high-quality program that fosters each child's development during these important years.
- The development of the "whole child" is essential. Our educational program emphasizes physical, emotional, social, cognitive and spiritual growth, which is planned and implemented by our quality staff.
- We believe in the importance of an educationallydeveloped environment to facilitate a child`s ability to investigate, explore, and experiment. Play is the medium through which learning takes place.
- In working together with each family, we help to meet every child`s needs and to further their understanding of the learning process. We work closely with parents to help children learn more easily and to reinforce concepts, social skills, creative expression, and feelings of self-worth. We help parents appreciate the value of play.
- Since we work closely with families, we rely on and appreciate parental time, talent, and volunteer commitment for school/classroom events and fundraising efforts.
- AGES and CLASS SIZE
- The Children`s Growing Center (CGC) serves children 0-6 in classrooms from Infant to Kindergarten. Our program includes infant (0-18 months) with a 1:4 teacher/child ratio; toddler (18-30 months) with a 1:6 ratio; preschool (2 1/2-4 years) and Kindergarten (5-6 years) with a 1:12 ratio.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: 1-12 | 78 students
525 Hawthorn St
San Diego, CA 92101 0.8 1-12
- San Diego Grades: NS | 91 students
650 24th St
San Diego, CA 92102
(619) 233-8888 1.1 NS
- San Diego Grades: PK-2 | 85 students
1323 W Spruce St
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 295-7591 1.7 PK-2
- San Diego Grades: PK | 63 students
3674 7th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 298-1671 2 PK
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.