- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 25 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,500
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Montessori School Of Washington DC ranks among the top 20% of private schools in District Of Columbia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Montessori School of Washington DC offers early education for children aged 2 through 6 years. In the classroom, the child follows a natural progression through four categories of learning: The Practical Life Exercises involve simple tasks relating to care and maintenance of the child's environment. They give the child a sense of organization and concentration, as well as an appreciation of a completed cycle of activity. The philosophical foundation of the Montessori approach is based on the premise that education should be an aid to life. In order to develop their physical, intellectual and spiritual powers to the fullest, children must have freedom a freedom to be achieved through order and self-discipline. Respect for a child's personality and trust in the inner potentialities are prerequisite to the foundation of an adequate educational alliance between the child and the adult. In the Montessori classroom today, the environment is carefully prepared with manipulative materials created by Dr. Montessori. The children choose their own activities, work at their own pace, and repeat these activities for as long as they wish. They develop confidence, independence, and a sense of order. The Primary Program admits children from 2 through 6 years of age, and all age groups are mixed in the classroom. For the youngest children, the program is three years in duration. Parents are strongly urged to allow their children to complete the three-year cycle through their kindergarten year in order to receive maximum benefit from the Montessori Experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Montessori School Of Washington DC cost?
Does Montessori School Of Washington DC offer a summer program?
When is the application deadline for Montessori School Of Washington DC?
Endorse Montessori School Of Washington DC. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards