- The Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center (SEEC) offers a rich learning environment for children, parents, and teachers in our community and at the same time extends its innovative practices to professionals in schools and museums through an educational outreach program.
- For those of us who enjoy learning new ideas through the wonders of museums, SEEC is an exciting experience.
- The mission of the Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center is two-fold: to provide a high-quality educational program for young children, and to advance educational opportunities for all children by sharing SEEC's expertise on a national level, thereby furthering the education mandate of the Smithsonian Institution.
- SEEC's educational philosophy encourages respect for the child and recognizes the unique nature of the individual.
- Hands-on exploration and discovery, both in the classroom and the museum, offer a chance to construct knowledge from personal experience.
- Through the comprehensive collections housed in the Washington community, children develop an understanding of the diversity of the world.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 49%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 202 students
980 N Frederick Street
Arlington, VA 22205
ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 413 students
105 N. Thomas Street
Arlington, VA 22203
ArlingtonGrades: NS-3 | 74 students
923 23rd St S
Arlington, VA 22202
HerndonGrades: PK-8 | 570 students
13625 EDS Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 153 students
9255 Piscataway Road
Clinton, MD 20735
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.