Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center
- The Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center (SEEC) offers a rich learning environment for children, parents, and teachers in our community and at the same time extends its innovative practices to professionals in schools and museums through an educational outreach program.
- For those of us who enjoy learning new ideas through the wonders of museums, SEEC is an exciting experience.
- The mission of the Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center is two-fold: to provide a high-quality educational program for young children, and to advance educational opportunities for all children by sharing SEEC's expertise on a national level, thereby furthering the education mandate of the Smithsonian Institution.
- SEEC's educational philosophy encourages respect for the child and recognizes the unique nature of the individual.
- Hands-on exploration and discovery, both in the classroom and the museum, offer a chance to construct knowledge from personal experience.
- Through the comprehensive collections housed in the Washington community, children develop an understanding of the diversity of the world.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 413 students
105 N. Thomas Street
Arlington, VA 22203
- AlexandriaGrades: NS-5 | 88 students
3846 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
- HerndonGrades: PK-8 | 570 students
13625 EDS Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
- ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 236 students
980 N Frederick Street
Arlington, VA 22205
- ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 153 students
9255 Piscataway Road
Clinton, MD 20735
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.