5.00 (3 reviews)
- Students attending Moonridge Academy are struggling with depression, anxiety, trauma or other clinical issues. Because of this students at Moonridge Academy receive clinical services including individual, family and group therapy.
- Individual therapy modalities include equine therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), EMDR, Brainspotting, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), adventure therapy, and play therapy.
- Moonridge Academy believes that a challenging, stimulating educational program is an important key to restoring balance and health to our students.
- As a result, we provide high quality, fully accredited educational programs, including traditional academic studies, including experiential activities, and extracuricular activities.
- Special attention is paid to meeting the needs of each individual student.
- Our goal is to develop positive self-esteem in a climate that stimulates creativity and individuality.
- Our philosophy is based on the belief that each child has unique capabilities and talents and that a wide variety of experiences are needed to help children discover and enhance their talents.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Packing list provided)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$135,000|
|Tuition Notes||$11,300 monthly tuition. There is also an admission fee and a quarterly activity fee charged.|
|Admissions Director||Wendy Penrod|
|Admissions Associate||Anamarie Rodabough|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Adventure Therapy, Equine Program
- Moonridge Academy is primarily a school that serves younger teenage girls in middle school. Most students have clinical issues including, but not limited to depression, anxiety, trauma, emotional dysregulation, attachment/adoption, school refusal and social withdrawal. Many of our students have also struggled with poor peer relationships. Due to this all students accepted at Moonridge Academy will need to be clinically and academically approved.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toquerville Grades: 9-12 | 23 students
652 N Shady Ln
Toquerville, UT 84774 25.8 9-12
- Toquerville Grades: 8-12 | 19 students
652 Shady Lane
Toquerville, UT 84774 25.8 8-12
- Virgin Grades: 6-12 | 22 students
633 E Highway 9
Virgin, UT 84779
(855)973-0334 28.8 6-12
Moonridge academy was far by the worst program I have been to. The staff and therapists have their favorites. Some of the things done to me were traumatizing. I was mistreated, never felt welcome or at home. The escorts and restraints done by the workers were many times out of anger. I was retrained on accident, they believed I was faking my illness while I needed medical care immediately. I had to beg and plead until I finally got the help I needed. I became a very mean person. I did very well for the first 3 or so months until I couldn't handle how I was treated any longer. My therapist there told my information to other students. The program overall could have been great if I was treated like a normal human being rather than someone who needed to be punished for their mistakes in the wrong way. Parents come to tour and the kids are told what to say and what not to say. Although, the teachers and equine program was very good, there are many other options for getting that. I could not say this enough, do not send your kid here, my experience was horrible, moonridge academy is a disgusting place.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymus
Our daughter was at Moonridge for 10 months. We were lucky enough to find this school through our advocate who referred to it as an A+ program. He was 100% right. They provided her with strategies and coping skills to help her face challenges in the "real world". The school offers, unconditional love and support through intensive therapy, amazing adventures, rigorous but creative academic program, equine therapy and lasting friendships. Not to mention the once in a lifetime experiences that will have a lasting positive impact. The staff is a culmination of the most uniquely dedicated people we have ever encountered. It`s a staff that makes you feel like you are part of a wonderful family from the minute you drop off your child. I would highly recommend this therapeutic boarding school.
- Posted by Parent - Kelly
Moonridge Academy is a magical place. Our daughter and family`s experience was life-changing. They educated, therapeutically-treated and cared for our daughter beyond our expectations. From educators to therapists to front-line staff, they created a safe/homelike environment for the students. Small and specialized, it`s the perfect fit for struggling girls and their families. They helped us find new ways to support our daughter. Our daughter went from a failing, frustrated student to one with straight As and new skills to navigate the hardships of life. I give Moonridge Academy an A+.
- Posted by Parent - StaceyGM
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.