Kolob Canyon RTC
5.00 (2 reviews)
Kolob Canyon RTC Photo #6 - Upper barn. Student have the opportunity to care for the horses on a daily basis. Students also participate in Equine Therapy and weekly horseback riding classes.
Kolob Canyon RTC Photo #8 - Students at Kolob ride on a weekly basis. Students are taught the Hunter/Jumper English style of riding. Students compete a local horse shows during the spring, summer and fall months.
Kolob Canyon RTC Photo #9 - Students participate in weekly Adventure activities each Wednesday. Adventure trips also occur every month with the exception of November and December. Adventure activities include,but are not limited to river rafting, hiking, camping, snowboarding, paddle boarding and cross country skiing.
- Kolob Canyon, a premier intermediate Residential Treatment Center, provides an intimate homelike environment with warmth and individual attention for troubled teen girls ages 14-17.
- We are purposely small with just 12 students. Personal healing through intensive therapy, adventure and physical health are our primary goals.
- Experienced therapists provide individual, family, group, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), EMDR, equine therapy, and adventure therapy are therapeutic modalities utilized at Kolob Canyon.
- Typical clinical issues for girls at Kolob Canyon include trauma, depression, anxiety, adoption/attachment, low-level substance abuse, self-harm, emotional dysregulation, and family struggles.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Disabilities, ADHD|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1235|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Packing list provided)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$132,000|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition is currently $11,000.00. A one time admission fee of $2450.00 and a quarterly activity fee of $650.00 is charged.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Anamarie Rodabough|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Adventure Therapy, Horsemanship
- Kolob Canyon Residential Treatment Center provides services to troubled teenage girls between the ages of 14 through 17 who are experiencing challenges with depression, anxiety, self-harm, suicide ideation, eating disorders, adoption issues, difficulties in school, poor peer and/or family relations, limit setting, oppositional defiance and low self-worth. Kolob Canyon takes a holistic approach to therapy and growth for adolescent females while teaching social skills and interpersonal development. Kolob Canyon believes that behavior is a function of one's self-perception and that self-worth profoundly affects behavior. Depression, low self-esteem and misbehavior are almost always manifestations of deeper problems. Kolob uses a busy, but fun schedule of experiences and adventure to help our students find a "Life Worth Living". Girls and parents participate in regular outdoor adventures that provide connection, skills building, insight and mastery. We believe that a soft, patient approach where your daughter is cared about and loved, while still being held accountable for her decisions and conduct is the ideal treatment that teen girls struggling with depression, anxiety, attachment issues and oppositional behavior. Our small intimate setting of just 12 girls is the ideal place for a troubled teenage girl who needs a relationship model of care.
- The Kolob Canyon clinical program is intentionally highly structured and intensive. It is the result of many years of successfully working with troubled teenage girls through a comprehensive program that mixes traditional and adventure therapy. We believe this blend of therapies decreases the amount of time a girl has to stay in the program while increasing overall success rates. We are a DBT based program, but we also use different modalities of therapy to meet the individualized needs of our students. Our therapists are trained and certified in Equine Assisted Therapy, Adventure Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and EMDR.
- Academics include a traditional school day with certified teachers and small class sizes. Our year round schedule allows girls to easily make up missing school credits. Individualized academics can help a girl prepare for college or provide the extra support needed to accomdate IEP recommendations.
- We specialize in individualized treatment for your daughter. Come experience the peace and change at Kolob!
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toquerville Grades: 9-12 | 19 students
652 Shady Lane
Toquerville, UT 84774 14.3 9-12
- Toquerville Grades: 9-12 | 23 students
652 N Shady Ln
Toquerville, UT 84774 14.3 9-12
- Virgin Grades: 6-12 | 22 students
633 E Highway 9
Virgin, UT 84779
(855)973-0334 18.5 6-12
My daughter just graduated from Kolob - it is a magical, transformative program. The combination of small, engaging academic classes, equine focus, high caliber therapy, strong community, and weekly adventures combine for a unique and powerful program that can get your daughter back on the right track for wellness, success, and health.
- Posted by Parent - Valerie W.
My daughter graduated from Kolob Canyon and we are VERY satisfied with the school. The small number of students meant that every girl received individual attention. The atmosphere was warm and nurturing. The therapy was fantastic and integrated into everything the girls did. The teachers were super patient and understanding of the girls emotional issues, yet still held my daughter accountable for her academics.
- Posted by Parent - Janet W
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.