- Mountain Boulevard Montessori School was founded in 1983 to address, not only the demanding and complex needs of today's pre-school child, but the family as well.
- The school was founded with four goals in mind. First, your child's school should be as environmentally and eco-friendly as possible.
- Second, the school should be a safe haven for learning.
- Third, the school should be educationally, cognitively, and emotionally stimulating.
- Finally, your child's school is your family's partner in the educational process and should be ready to assist the family in addressing any issues affecting the student.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is inclusive of all charges such as extended daycare. Wi-Fi Apple IMac computer, Mandarin and Spanish language instruction, music, and gymnastics classes. Please call for current tuition rates|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Eleni Wanken|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OaklandGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
2101 Livingston St
Oakland, CA 94606
OaklandGrades: NS-5 | 132 students
5000 Macarthur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94613
OaklandGrades: PK-8 | 115 students
3668 Dimond Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
My husband and I viewed the previous review and decided to take a "look see" at this school. Boy, are we glad we did ! Our daughter just started and it was so thrilling to watch her jump right into the class. This is a great first step for my child. I highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - welik
This is the best value for quality Montessori education for a family on a budget. My husband and I toured all of the Montessori programs in Oakland and Berkeley. Most were at least $1600 a month and some were even much as $2100 a month. For environment, curriculum, and value Mtn Blvd Montessori is the leader. This is truly a best kept secret.
- Posted by Parent - Deexc
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.