Nantucket New School
Founded in 1985, the Nantucket New School is a coeducational day school serving students in pre-kindergarten through grade eight.
The school maintains a program that emphasizes academic excellence and personal responsibility and that fosters curiosity, creativity, and a lifelong love of learning.
The school is committed to the purposeful involvement of its students and teachers in the unique community that is Nantucket.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 135 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
% on Financial Aid
- The Nantucket New School provides a level of individualized instruction to each student by maintaining small classes and a low student/teacher ratio.
- The strong relationships between the students and teachers are chief among the strengths of the school; these relationships are characterized by mutual respect, trust, and consistent recognition of each student as an individual person and learner.
- The school maintains a warm, nuturing, family atmosphere where students of different ages interact on a regular basis.
- Nantucket New School is committed to maintaining a student body that reflects the diversity of the island in as many ways possible, including students with varied backgrounds and an assortment of academic and personal stengths and experiences. Core Values:
- Individualized instruction
- Strength in academics, strenth of character.
- Student-teacher partnership
- Family participation
- Sense of Community, Ties to Nantucket
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Nantucket New School often compared to?
Nantucket New Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Nantucket Lighthouse School, Montessori Children's House Of Nantucket by visitors of our site.
When is the application deadline for Nantucket New School?
The application deadline for Nantucket New School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
View the Nantucket New School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Field Day/Pizza Day, Last Day of School
June 07, 2023 (Wednesday)
Endorse Nantucket New School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.