Nantucket New School
Tel: (508) 228-8569
Founded in 1985, the Nantucket New School is a coeducational day school serving students in pre-kindergarten through grade eight.
The school maintains a program that emphasizes academic excellence and personal responsibility and that fosters curiosity, creativity, and a lifelong love of learning.
The school is committed to the purposeful involvement of its students and teachers in the unique community that is Nantucket.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||David Provost|
- The Nantucket New School provides a level of individualized instruction to each student by maintaining small classes and a low student/teacher ratio.
- The strong relationships between the students and teachers are chief among the strengths of the school; these relationships are characterized by mutual respect, trust, and consistent recognition of each student as an individual person and learner.
- The school maintains a warm, nuturing, family atmosphere where students of different ages interact on a regular basis.
- Nantucket New School is committed to maintaining a student body that reflects the diversity of the island in as many ways possible, including students with varied backgrounds and an assortment of academic and personal stengths and experiences. Core Values:
- Individualized instruction
- Strength in academics, strenth of character.
- Student-teacher partnership
- Family participation
- Sense of Community, Ties to Nantucket
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Nantucket New School is St. John Paul II High School (28.9 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is Nantucket Lighthouse School (1.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nantucket Grades: PK-7 | 96 students
1 Rugged Rd
Nantucket, MA 02554
(508) 228-0427 1.4 PK-7
- Nantucket Grades: PK-K | 36 students
7 Pheasant Drive
Nantucket, MA 02554
(508) 228-5454 2.4 PK-K
- West Harwich Grades: NS-5 | 75 students
245 Route 28
West Harwich, MA 02671
(508) 432-8216 28 NS-5
- South Yarmouth Grades: PK-8 | 220 students
321 Wood Road
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
(508) 398-6112 28.8 PK-8
- Hyannis Grades: 5-8 | 255 students
33 Cross Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
(508) 771-7200 28.9 5-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.