Nativity Elementary School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Nativity School is a faith community in the Catholic tradition.
- We strive to build community in our school, families, parish, and neighborhood.
- We exist as an extension of the family and offer our students a quality education within a positive atmosphere of cooperation, concern and caring.
- Christian values are taught through instruction, example, worship, and service.
- We are committed to the growth of the whole child recognizing and appreciating each individual’s self-worth, valuing his or her dignity as a child of God, and respecting the cultural diversity of each member.
- We strive to accomplish this by promoting a stimulating educational environment, a love for learning, and a desire to seek peace and justice in our world.
- We value the family and recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- We rely on their involvement and support of school policies and programs.
- Nativity School stresses the gospel message as a way of life and a basis for responsible decision-making.
- We endeavor to send forth students equipped with the personal confidence, academic skills, and religious commitment necessary for making a viable contribution in today’s Church and society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||296 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Menlo Park Grades: NS-8 | 250 students
920 Peninsula Way
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650)325-1584 1.1 NS-8
- Menlo Park Grades: K-8 | 166 students
50 Terminal Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650)327-5052 1.6 K-8
- Atherton Grades: NS-12
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)322-1866 0.9 NS-12
- Belmont Grades: PK-5 | 265 students
2200 Carlmont Dr
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)593-6175 7.2 PK-5
My husband graduated from Nativity, and now my daughter is attending school there. It is a community school with deep roots in Menlo Park. Despite family ties to the school, when we moved to Menlo Park, I did a lot of research on public and private schools. I was pleased to see how reasonably priced Nativity is compared to many other local private schools - the tuition is not that different from the cost of after-school care at the local public schools! One reason tuition is so low, is that the parents do a lot of fundraising events throughout the year. These are fundraisers are fun, and help build those community ties. If you're a planner (as I am) and would like to test out the school while your kids are young, there is a preschool on site for ages 3 - 5, which lets you check it out before Kindergarten starts.
- Posted by Parent - Jocelyn
To me, Nativity is the little school with the big heart. Catholic education develops Christian character alongside academics. Families are very involved and most are down-to-earth people; Nativity does a great job of avoiding the pretentious atmosphere that characterizes some private schools in the area. Beautiful campus and constantly improving in all ways. Some class sizes can be quite large and there is a waiting list for most grades now that the secret is out about this wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - trici
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.