Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School
Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School Photo #2 - Students proudly showing their colorfully painted rain barrels.
Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School Photo #4 - Student documenting observations in nature.
The goals of Nature's Classroom Montessori are to foster independence and to support children in moving toward a mastery of self and the environment.
Our classrooms are prepared Montessori environments designed to encourage children in their self-directed discovery of the world.
Interest-based activities encourage children to develop a love of learning and trust in their own ability to learn.
Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 31%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
National avg.: 85%
- The goals of Nature's Classroom Montessori are to foster independence and to support children in moving toward a mastery of self and the environment. Our classrooms are prepared Montessori environments designed to encourage children in their self-directed discovery of the world. Interest-based activities encourage children to develop a love of learning and trust in their own ability to learn.
- What is Montessori
- The Montessori system of education is both a philosophy of child development and a rationale for guiding such growth. It is based on the child's developmental need for freedom within limits, as well as a carefully prepared environment, which guarantees exposure to materials and experiences. Through this, the child develops intelligence as well as physical and psychological abilities. It is designed to take full advantage of the child's desire to learn and their unique ability to develop their own capabilities.
Source: Verified school update
Our 4 year old is learning so much in a short time here. The teachers and director are very caring and amazing. Their dedication to the children is unmatched and the excitement of the head of school is contagious! Well worth it!
I can't think of a better place to send my children to school. Obviously undiscovered by many yet, this montessori school offers to the students learning with dignity. A safe place to be yourself and learn at the same time. Anyone considering a school for your children should definately consider Natures Classroom.
My 4.5-year-old daughter has blossomed at this school! Many Montessori parents send their kids to Montessori up to 5-years-old and then put them in public school for first grade. My daughter is already reading at a first grade level and doing third grade math. Her love of learning is so intense. And the absolute best thing about this school is all of the outdoor time. They learn to garden and climb trees. My daughter doesn't whine about being bored; she can pick up a stick or a rock and be perfectly entertained outside, thanks to the open-ended playing that they do at school without playscapes. I don't want to lose this sheer delight in learning to an (albeit good) one-size-fits-all school district approach.
We enrolled our active almost 3 year old son this year in children's house and his independence has developed so much in just a few months. We also love that they spend a lot of time outside and at the farm.
Endorse Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.
June 02, 2022Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.