Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School Photo #2 - Students proudly showing their colorfully painted rain barrels.
Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School Photo #4 - Student documenting observations in nature.
- The goals of Nature's Classroom Montessori are to foster independence and to support children in moving toward a mastery of self and the environment.
- Our classrooms are prepared Montessori environments designed to encourage children in their self-directed discovery of the world.
- Interest-based activities encourage children to develop a love of learning and trust in their own ability to learn.
Natures Classroom Institute & Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- The goals of Nature's Classroom Montessori are to foster independence and to support children in moving toward a mastery of self and the environment. Our classrooms are prepared Montessori environments designed to encourage children in their self-directed discovery of the world. Interest-based activities encourage children to develop a love of learning and trust in their own ability to learn.
- What is Montessori
- The Montessori system of education is both a philosophy of child development and a rationale for guiding such growth. It is based on the child's developmental need for freedom within limits, as well as a carefully prepared environment, which guarantees exposure to materials and experiences. Through this, the child develops intelligence as well as physical and psychological abilities. It is designed to take full advantage of the child's desire to learn and their unique ability to develop their own capabilities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: K-8 | 269 students
5454 Gunflint Trl
Madison, WI 53711
(608)273-0309 51.6 K-8
- Middleton Grades: PK-8 | 214 students
8406 Ellington Way
Middleton, WI 53562
(608)827-6267 59.9 PK-8
- Mukwonago Grades: PK-8 | 21 students
1610 Honeywell Rd
Mukwonago, WI 53149
(262)363-1731 5.9 PK-8
- Mukwonago Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
410 County Road Nn
Mukwonago, WI 53149
(262)363-4999 3.8 PK-8
Our 4 year old is learning so much in a short time here. The teachers and director are very caring and amazing. Their dedication to the children is unmatched and the excitement of the head of school is contagious! Well worth it!
- Posted by Parent - DCC
I can't think of a better place to send my children to school. Obviously undiscovered by many yet, this montessori school offers to the students learning with dignity. A safe place to be yourself and learn at the same time. Anyone considering a school for your children should definately consider Natures Classroom.
- Posted by Parent - cpurn
My 4.5-year-old daughter has blossomed at this school! Many Montessori parents send their kids to Montessori up to 5-years-old and then put them in public school for first grade. My daughter is already reading at a first grade level and doing third grade math. Her love of learning is so intense. And the absolute best thing about this school is all of the outdoor time. They learn to garden and climb trees. My daughter doesn't whine about being bored; she can pick up a stick or a rock and be perfectly entertained outside, thanks to the open-ended playing that they do at school without playscapes. I don't want to lose this sheer delight in learning to an (albeit good) one-size-fits-all school district approach.
- Posted by Parent - brien
We enrolled our active almost 3 year old son this year in children's house and his independence has developed so much in just a few months. We also love that they spend a lot of time outside and at the farm.
- Posted by Parent - Outdo
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.