New Summit School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- New Summit School's mission is to encourage students, levels kindergarten - twelfth grade, to reach their full academic potential while promoting their emotional well-being.
- New Summit School is dedicated to the educational philosophy that considers the diverse needs of today's students and families.
- The school recognizes the need for non-traditional instructional settings that provide individual academic attention while encouraging emotional and social growth.
- The school recognizes the need for an individual, motivational and intellectual environment for students, including those students who are exceptional learners who may encounter learning differences.
- Through initial assessment, the staff of New Summit School determines each student's needs and custom-designs an educational plan suited to meeting those needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Grades: 1-12 | 153 students
4080 Old Canton Rd
Jackson, MS 39216
(601)982-2812 3.1 1-12
- Jackson Grades: PK-5 | 151 students
3424 Robinson Street
Jackson, MS 39209
(601)922-1184 5.7 PK-5
- Jackson Grades: 1-10 | 85 students
402 Wesley Ave
Jackson, MS 39202
(601)352-7784 2.1 1-10
- Jackson Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
1109 Cooper Road
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)371-2728 8.5 PK-8
Actually I am a grand parent who is very much acrtive in my grand child's life. New Summit was an answer prayer for us. The school is well organized, a great learning environment, and the teachers are very caring and tune in to my grandson's needs and learning abilities. My grandchild loves the school. He doesn't ever want to go back to previous school district. He has a eagerness to learn now! As far as extracurricular activities, they are limited for now. He doesn't seem to mind. Oh yeah, the teacher, student ratio makes all the difference.
- Posted by Parent - mayle
New Summit is the best kept secret in Jackson. The small teacher to student ratio and caring staff create a wonderful learning environment for the kids. New Summit is also great for socially awkward kids or children with low spectrum learning disabilities (i.e. Asperger's syndrome). We moved my child from a premier Madison, MS public school in 4th grade to New Summit. He went from being a shy, withdrawn kid with below average grades lost in a sea of students to an outgoing and cheerful kid with plenty of friends and A's/B's on his report cards. The school is small, however, so they are lacking in some extra-curricular activities such as organized sports (football, baseball, soccer, etc.). However, New Summit is continually growing and have a new multi-purpose gymnasium in the works which should provide more out of the classroom activities for the students.
- Posted by Parent - south
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.