Newman Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (641) 423-6939
Why Choose Newman Catholic Schools? Mission Statement: Newman Catholic is an early childhood through twelfth-grade Catholic school that welcomes students of all faiths while serving the parishes of North Iowa. Our students are educated in a caring and faith-filled environment that focuses on the individual learner. Inspired by Christ, our Newman Catholic faculty and staff, families, and parishes are committed to forming disciples to lead, love, and serve. Daycare, Preschool-12th grade all on one beautiful campus
Rooted in the Catholic tradition, Newman students adhere to Christian principals of love and respect in the classroom and all areas of the campus
Newman Schools provide a quality education for young people in a safe environment that fosters excellence in academics and spiritual development.
Students put faith into action by volunteering in the community
Students learn Christian values that last a lifetime Caring, committed, and experienced staff
Scholarship opportunities available Student-teacher ratio: 17:1 in K-8th and 9:1 in 9th-12th
Newman students score higher on the ACT than comparable Iowa students (5-year trend)
Over the past 5 years, Newman Juniors have scored in the top 10% on the Iowa Assessment test. Three of those years, Newman Juniors were in the top 5%
Newman students graduate with an average of 6 college credits
Award-winning athletics and arts: Newman has one of the most beautiful outdoor sports complexes in North Iowa and a new, 10,000 sq. ft. music facility that also acts as a FEMA approved storm shelter
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||American Behavioral Analyst|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||585 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||39 students|
|Average ACT score||24|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||https://newmancatholic.org/scholarship/ shows the tuition rate and the scholarship process|
|Admissions Director||Megan Studer|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Figure Skating,
Ice Hockey, Rugby,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Esports Club, Quiz Bowl, Speech Team
- We would like to take this opportunity to share a little of what makes Newman such an extraordinary place. It starts with a commitment to our mission: to form disciples to lead, love, and serve.
- The focus of our mission is embedded in all aspects of our school culture. You will see it in the classroom as teachers create a Christian environment with a focus on individual learning. Our mission is evident during extra-curricular events as we start with prayer. It is also apparent in the behavior of our students and coaches as they compete. More importantly, you will see the mission alive in our students as they walk our halls or give back to the community in service.
- As a part of the Newman family, students are given both structure and freedom. The structure needed to guide them on their path of faith and academic growth. The freedom that allows the individual to explore who they are in a caring, supportive atmosphere. Students at Newman benefit from the many opportunities seen in a larger school, while experiencing the one-to-one approach of a small school.
- For over 50 years, Newman Catholic has provided a strong foundation in faith and academics.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alton Grades: PK-6 | 54 students
908 6th Ave
Alton, IA 51003
(712) 756-4532 140.5 PK-6
- Ankeny Grades: PK-12 | 368 students
1604 West 1st St
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515) 965-8114 98.6 PK-12
- Atkins Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
310 3rd Street W
Atkins, IA 52206
(319) 223-5271 103.1 PK-8
So glad my children have the opportunity to go to the Newman Catholic. Newman has been such a positive life change for our family.
- Posted by Parent - MB Watkins
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.