North Branch School
Tel: (540) 456-8450
North Branch School Photo #2 - Preschool students explore math and reading readiness and a variety of topics through stories, hands-on activities, art and games.
Our primary goal is to lead children to a love of learning.
North Branch School fosters respect, non-violence, environmental responsibility, and the involvement of students, teachers and families in our community.
We value the uniqueness of each child. Our curriculum promotes the desire to learn and to develop abilities to the fullest.
We are dedicated to providing a diverse environment that stimulates curiosity, creativity, and cooperation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool - $2385 for 2 mornings a week, $4158 for 4 mornings a week; Kindergarten and Elementary - $7443 for 4 full days (no Wednesdays), Upper Elementary - $9342 for 5 full days; Middle School - $9639 for 5 full days|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Smith Coleman|
|Admissions Associate||Autum Fish|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Food Pantry (Middle School), Model UN (Middle School), Yearbook (Middle School)|
- North Branch is rooted in a love of learning. We are an independent, not-for-profit school for children ages 3 14 (pre-school through 8th grade) in Afton, Virginia (Nelson County). We offer academic challenge in a nurturing environment, stretching our students without stressing them and/or their families. We emphasize hands-on learning and cooperation, while giving our students a solid foundation in academics, the arts, and life skills.
- Our 11-acre campus in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains includes three classroom buildings, a large outdoor playground, a Nature Trail maintained by teachers and students, and fields and woods for students to enjoy.
- NBS currently enrolls 110 students and has a faculty and staff of 19. Students and teachers come from Augusta, Albemarle, and Nelson Counties. The faculty has very low turnover, as approximately half of the teachers and staff have worked at NBS for ten years or more, and about another quarter have worked here 5 years or more. The most recent new teachers are also NBS alumni.
- NBS is committed to keeping its tuition reasonable for all families. We offer tuition assistance in the form of tuition credit work, in which families help clean and maintain the school, organize fundraisers, and contribute in other ways that help keep our costs as low as possible.
- Everyone is honored at North Branch School!
- email@example.com 221 Mickens Road Afton Virginia 22920 phone (540) 456-8450
Profile last updated:
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.