Afton Christian School
- Afton Christian School is a ministry of Church of the Blue Ridge.
- Its purpose is to provide a Bible-based curriculum that will be taught in a Christ-centered environment.
- The curriculum will incorporate the Virginia Standards of Learning, with a strong emphasis placed on developing both a foundation for academic excellence and good character training.
- It will focus on spiritual and academic disciplines which will develop students into life-long learners who are devoted followers of Christ.
- Emphasis will be placed on Christian conduct and values that will encourage students to make conscientious life choices.
- Christian decision making, logical thinking skills and creative thinking will be used to help students develop to their fullest potential and to develop a Christ-like self image.
- Afton Christian School realizes that its program cannot be successful without the support and involvement of its parents.
- The school will work as a bridge to help support the Christian home.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||73 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Afton Grades: PK-8 | 119 students
221 Mickens Road
Afton, VA 22920
(540)456-8450 1.5 PK-8
- Charlottesville Grades: NS-8 | 313 students
1205 Pen Park Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434)964-0400 20 NS-8
- Charlottesville Grades: PK-12 | 560 students
175 Hickory St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(434)220-7330 16.7 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.