Charlottesville Catholic School
Charlottesville Catholic School Photo #4 - 5th grade poetry cafe--lots of great poems and illustrations from our students. They even read one of their originals for the audience.
- Charlottesville Catholic School is a nationally recognized school offering Junior Kindergarten through 8th grade curriculum and welcoming to all faiths.
- Charlottesville Catholic School provides a rich and challenging curriculum in a community rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the Traditions of the Catholic Church.
- The school nurtures students' God-given gifts, instilling acceptance, respect and compassion; preparing students to be advocates, leaders, and stewards; producing collaborators, achievers and creators, to make a positive impact upon our world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005, 2014|
|Total Students||313 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,250|
|Tuition Notes||Multiple Child Tuition Aid, Financial Aid, and Scholarships are available.|
|Admissions Director||Katrina Kuhn|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts of America, French Club, Girl Scouts, Knitting Club, Literary Magazine, Nature Club, Running Club, Sign Language Club, STEAM
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At Charlottesville Catholic School, our fundamental task is educating the whole person by integrating Christian values with learning in daily life. Recognizing the uniqueness and individuality of children, we guide them to discover and develop their God-given gifts.
- Charlottesville Catholic School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA). Charlottesville Catholic was awarded the National Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence in Education in 2005 and again in 2014 by the US Department of Education. Our students consistently rank amoung the highest in the country on standardized tests. We are proud that most of our graduates move on to perform in advanced level courses with the top 10% of high school students.
- A faith filled education begins with the family and grows through the community. School famiiles are encouraged to participate in weekly liturgies and in a variety of community service efforts. Recognizing that our community extends beyond Charlottesville Catholic School to our local parishes, our students often serve in parish choirs and as altar servers. Additionally, Charlottesville Catholic students do have to meet a required number of service hours, which can be achieved through classroom and school wide community service initiatives, as well as through outside organizations and events. The school consistently strives to increase the number of hours given back to the community every year, and has reached nearly 7,000 hours this past year!
- Charlottesville Catholic School is a regional Catholic School under the supervision of the Office of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Richmond, and follows the policies and direction of the Diocese of Richmond.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlottesville Grades: PK-12 | 560 students
175 Hickory St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(434)220-7330 4.8 PK-12
- Charlottesville Grades: NS-12 | 893 students
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)296-5106 3.1 NS-12
- Charlottesville Grades: 5-12 | 213 students
279 Tandem Lane
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(434)296-1303 4.5 5-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.