- Fishburne Military School is a private all boys boarding and day school for grades 7 through 12 & PG Basketball- turning potential into achievement since 1879.
- Fishburne overlooks the city of Waynesboro in the picturesque Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
- Distinguished as the oldest and smallest of Virginia's Military Schools, we offer individualized attention in a caring, family oriented environment.
- Class size averages 8-10 students per instructor, ensuring each Fishburne Cadet receives the academic instruction and supervision necessary for a well-rounded education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,200|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Cedrick Broadhurst|
|Admissions Associate||Joan Byrne|
- Fishburne Military School is the oldest and smallest of all military schools for boys in Virginia. Its college-prep curriculum is built upon the structure of an Army JROTC program. Boasting a 100% college-acceptance rate for the past 10 consecutive years, FMS has also been designated as a JROTC Honor Unit with Distinction and may nominate qualified candidates to the United States Service Academics. Fishburne hosts one of only four Summer JROTC programs in the nation, accredited by US Army Cadet Command. For more information visit www.fishburne.org.
Profile last updated: 05/30/2016
Attended 1969-1970. Went to the Led Zeplin Concert. Alice Cooper is still playing and will be in Richmond soon Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM @ The National in Richmond, Virginia
- Posted by Student/Alumni - rober