Fishburne Military School
- Fishburne Military School is a private all boys boarding and day school for grades 7 through 12 whose mission is to forge educated, honorable, young men of courage.
- Class size averages 8-12 students per instructor, ensuring each Fishburne Cadet receives the academic instruction and supervision necessary for a well-rounded education.
- With extra "help classes", small class sizes, and qualified faculty, we offer plenty of guidance and individualized attention to all students.
- Extra curriculars include: Key Club, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Rocketry Club, Robotics Club, XSTEM, Cyber Patriots and more!
- Athetics include: Football, Soccer, Cross Country, Wrestling, Lacrosse, Golf, Tennis, Basketball, Baseball, Track and Field, Swimming
- Our Award Winning JROTC program includes Raiders, Exhibition Drill and Regulation Drill Teams, Academic Team, Leadership Team, and Leadership Education Training Courses
- All of our students take the SAT, ACT, and ASVAB before graduation. Our students routinely attend America's finest colleges/universities and military service academies.
- Fishburne Military School Prides itself in being able to nominate students to our Service Military Academies and consistently have students accepted and attend.
|School Type||Military School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We have generous financial aid programs as well as multiple scholarship opportunities. We will work with each family to make a Fishburne Education affordable.|
|Admissions Director||Samantha Reed|
|Admissions Associate||Joan Byrne|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Drill Team,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Weightlifting, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Cyber Patriots, Key Club, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Robotics Club, XSTEM
Arts and Music Programs:
- Fishburne Military School is the oldest and smallest of all military schools for boys in Virginia. Its college-prep curriculum is built upon the structure of an Army JROTC program. Boasting a 100% college-acceptance rate for the past 10 consecutive years, FMS has also been designated as a JROTC Honor Unit with Distinction and may nominate qualified candidates to the United States Service Academics. Fishburne hosts one of only four Summer JROTC programs in the nation, accredited by US Army Cadet Command. For more information visit www.fishburne.org.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Ridge Grades: 7-12 | 84 students
2317 Oak Ridge Rd.
Oak Ridge, NC 27310
(336)643-4131 144 7-12
Fishburne offers a robust academic plan, focusing on college prep incorporating STEM, Honors, AP and Dual Enrollment classes. The award winning Army JROTC program is an honor unit with distinction with the ability to recommend for nomination up to three candidates a year to US service institutions. The inclusive every body plays athletic program offers something for everyone and various clubs and service groups round out the activities which include planned Saturday trips.
- Posted by Administrator - Ms. Byrne
Attended 1969-1970. Went to the Led Zeplin Concert. Alice Cooper is still playing and will be in Richmond soon Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM @ The National in Richmond, Virginia
- Posted by Student/Alumni - rober