Massanutten Military Academy
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #2 - Challenging academics are at the center of life at Massanutten. Our small class sizes allow for individualized teacher attention. Honors and AP courses are available. For your son or daughter's convenience, MMA is a a certified location for SAT, ACT, and AP testing.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #3 - Parades are an important part of our military tradition. The cadet led corps uses this time-honored custom to recognize special guests, memorial events, and campus ceremonies. Families are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #4 - Our newly renovated library and media center is open all day and throughout evening study hours for cadets to use. The entire MMA campus is equipped with high speed wireless to provide classrooms, common areas, and dorm rooms with internet service.
- Massanutten Academy is a coeducational college preparatory school for grades 5 through 12 and one postgraduate year.
- We also offer a military format for our summer school program.
- Massanutten Academy's mission is to provide a structured learning environment that produces confident, capable, productive citizens who are prepared for leadership and service.
- Our mission is established on the founding motto of the Academy, "Non Nobis Solum" ("Not for ourselves alone"), and based on the principles of Courage, Purity, and Industry. Our website is: www.militaryschool.com Massanutten also offers a non-military Middle School and ESL program.
- This program is designed to give students the superior academics that Massanutten is known for without the military instruction. For more information, please contact out Admissions Team.
|School Type||Military School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,500|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP: Biology, AP: English, AP: US Government, AP: US History, Honors: English, Honors: History, Honors: Math, Honors: Science|
|Average SAT score||1100|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,000|
|Tuition Notes||$29,000 (7-Day Boarding) $25,000 (5-Day Boarding) $10,000 (Day)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michael Campbell|
|Admissions Associate||Robert Campbell|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Drill Team, Football, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Drill Team, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Color Guard, Community Service, Journalism, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Massanutten Military Academy is proud to work with Project Lead the Way, a nationally recognized STEM program. Our cadets are taking part in this cutting-edge curriculum centered on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- In addition to our regular boarding options, our middle school students have the option of attending as 5-day boarders and day student options are available for grades 5 - 12.
- MMA also offers an intensive English for Academics Program that is designed to help international students prepare for furthering their education in the United States.
- Please visit us online at www.militaryschool.com or by planning a trip to our historic campus in Woodstock, VA. MMA is just 90 minutes west of Washington, D.C. We are currently enrolling students for Summer School 2016 and the 2016-2017 school year!
- For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-459-2167, ext 1.
- MMA is fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). We are also a member of TABS (The Association of Baording Schools) and AMCSUS (Association of Military Colleges and Schools of the United States).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Ridge Grades: 7-12 | 84 students
2317 Oak Ridge Rd.
Oak Ridge, NC 27310
(336)643-4131 203.4 7-12
- Fork Union Grades: 7-12 | 343 students
PO Box 278, 4744 James Madison Hwy
Fork Union, VA 23055
(434)842-4205 78.1 7-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.