5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (540) 636-5484
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo #3 - Students have access to several innovation labs throughout our 135-acre campus.
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo #4 - All students enjoy newly renovated lounges with ping-pong tables, foosball, large-screen TVs and couches.
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo #5 - Students apply real-world applications in modern classroom spaces, including software and hardware programming for robotics.
University-Preparatory Education where graduates are accepted to top-rated universities around the world
Boarding and Day options for students in grades 6-12 with gender-separated dormitories
Co-ed, grades 6-12 Day and Boarding School options available
Leadership education through Air Force Junior ROTC One of only six Falcon Foundation schools in the U.S.
- Virtual Event - Wed., May 19, 2021 7:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Wed., June 02, 2021 7:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Wed., June 09, 2021 - Fri., June 18, 2021 7:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Wed., June 16, 2021 7:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Wed., June 23, 2021 7:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Wed., June 30, 2021 7:00pm (EDT) - get more information!
- ...read more
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
Other special emphasis association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer costs vary by program. Visit https://www.rma.edu/Summer-Tuition-and-Fees for exact information.|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, German Language IV, German Language V, German VI, Physics C: Mechanics, Psychology, Spanish IV, Spanish V, U.S. Government and Politics, United States History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,575|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition prices vary for middle school, upper school, international, boarding, and day programs. Please visit http://www.rma.edu/Tuition-Fees for exact information.|
|Admissions Director||Sung Chu|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Harriman, Upper School|
|Endowment Size||$8.7 million|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Cross Country,|
Drill Team, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alpha Readers Book Club, Bible Study, Cadets-in-Action, CyberPatriot, Flight Program, Honor Council, International Club, National English Honor Society, National German Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Speech and Debate
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Power of Rise:
- Randolph-Macon Academy (R-MA) is a coeducational private school for grades 6-12. We have an exceptional university- preparatory curriculum with an elite Air Force JROTC program that enables graduates to pursue lives of meaning and success. Students receive a prestigious education ready to take on challenges of the world prepared by the highest level of academic instruction, character and grit. Founded in 1892, we are fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS). R-MA is located in Front Royal, Virginia just 70 miles from Washington, D.C. and 1-hour from the Dulles International Airport. Many of our current families reside in this metropolitan area as well as Northern Virginia.
- Educational Philosophy:
- More than 120 years of experience and heritage have taught us that our students are curious and deserve to be challenged academically. We are committed to shaping good character through positive leadership, professional conduct, and service. We work to ensure each student is self-reliant, respected, and recognized as a unique individual, embraced in a family environment.
- University Preparation:
- Our University Counselors meet with students on a regular basis from the very beginning of their R-MA careers. Students are equipped with tools and industry trends to navigate the university application process. Our Counselors work with the student to identify universities of interest and to plan out the appropriate courses to ensure the best preparation possible.
- Air Force JROTC:
- The Air Force JROTC component is to develop character and grit. All students take part in this program as there is no citizenship requirement. The JROTC component provides structure and organizational skills that provide tangible evidence to prospective universities that a student is ready for academic rigors and responsibilities. This is why we have a 100% university acceptance rate as we know this component gives students the extra edge to pursue lives of meaning and success.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
I have had the joy of serving this great Academy for over 16 years in a variety of roles. As the current Director of Student Life, Head Swim Team Coach, Middle School Interact Coordinator and Public Address Announcer for our home Football Games, the growth that I have been priviledged to be part of here at Randolph-Macon Academy (R-MA) in bearing witness to the success of so many young people has been the most humbling honour of my personal and professional llife. The ability of "every" student to be part of a Varsity Sport at R-MA, as well as enjoy our small class sizes, state of the art classroom technology, STEM Masters Programme, individualised attention and extensive AP (Dual Enrollment) programmes, truly makes us an attractive resource for families seeking to offer their children a priceless "head start" towards a successful life at the University level and in life.
- Posted by Teacher - mwill
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.