Oak Ridge Military Academy
Oak Ridge Military Academy is a college preparatory school for rising 7th - 12th-grade students.
Our Corps of Cadets is made up of young men and women who come from all over the world to receive an education different from most mainstream schools.
At Oak Ridge, our mission is to develop well-rounded young men and women who are equipped to succeed in college and have the self-discipline, integrity, and leadership skills necessary to reach their full potential in life.
- Top Ranked NC School
- Grades: 7-12
- Students: 117 students
- Yearly Tuition: $34,600
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Driven. Compassionate Kind. Motivated. Benevolent. - 05/20/2020Female Cadet Leaders at ORMA Aim to Excel and Inspire Future Generations of Young Women
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 21%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
7 Day Boarding $34,600, 5 Day Boarding $26,900, Day Student $18,600
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Adventure Camp Boarding $2,500 Adventure Camp Day Camper $1,400 Academic Summer Camp Boarding $4,500, Academic Summer camp Day Student $2,400
National avg.: 85%
Major Robert Forde
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Aeronautics, Cyber Security, Speech and Debate
Aeronautics, Cyber Security, Speech and Debate
- Oak Ridge Military Academy, A Unique Learning Community
- Oldest Pre-College Military School in the United States
- Official Military School of North Carolina
- Individualized Curriculum
- Supervised Study hall & Help Classes
- 6:1 to 12:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
- Dual Enrollment Opportunities
- 100% College Acceptance
- Sports & Clubs Year Round
- Service Learning Projects
- JROTC - the Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps at Oak Ridge Military Academy provides Cadets the structure and consistency to be self-disciplined. We offer hands-on learning experiences, small class sizes, and character-building instruction. Our educators, mentors, and role models believe our goal is to help Cadets achieve, and in doing so, to see beyond being successful in life to being significant.
Profile last updated: 04/26/2021
To me, Oak Ridge Military Academy is an academy with almost a magical feel. The Faculty, Staff, and Administration are the best that you will ever find. It focuses on the personal development of each cadet that steps foot on campus. It certainly changed my life and molded me into the man that I am today. It did the same for my brother, as well. I could not recommend Oak Ridge Military Academy enough!
It's truly an honor for my wife and I to work at such a historic institution. The campus itself is so impressive, there are so many caring faculty/staff members, and the cadets have truly captured our hearts. These cadets have the potential to do so many great things, and I hope that they'll look back on their time here as a precious and sacred time. Oak Ridge Military Academy is a special place, and it is my hope that the cadets, the community, and the country will "rise up and call her blessed" for producing leaders of such character.
Oak Ridge Military Academy made a priceless impact on my son's trajectory in life. The staff truly care for these students, giving them personalized attention and holding them to accountability. Two years at the academy gave my son confidence in his capabilities; it equipped him to move forward in life with a skill set and attributes for future success.
"Oak Ridge Military Academy is an outstanding institution! The strength of the military and academic programs is useful in helping cadets reach their goals."
"One of the best gifts Steve and I gave our daughter was sending her to Oak Ridge. She experienced life in a way most people will never experience it and she is so much stronger for that. She learned about respecting authority, respecting others, and more importantly respecting herself."
Endorse Oak Ridge Military Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.