Oak Ridge Military Academy
- Oak Ridge Military Academy is a college preparatory school for rising 7th - 12th-grade students.
- Our Corps of Cadets is made up of young men and women who come from all over the world to receive an education different from most mainstream schools.
- At Oak Ridge, our mission is to develop well-rounded young men and women who are equipped to succeed in college and have the self-discipline, integrity, and leadership skills necessary to reach their full potential in life.
- Driven. Compassionate Kind. Motivated. Benevolent. - 05/20/2020 - Female Cadet Leaders at ORMA Aim to Excel and Inspire Future Generations of Young Women
- Oak Ridge Military Academy Graduate Responds to the Call of Service - 11/07/2019 - Nathan Freeman has long been driven by a desire to serve. His charitable spirit has led him to care for those in need in a variety of capacities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$4,200|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Adventure Camp Boarding $2200, Adventure Camp Day Camper $1100, Academic Summer Camp Boarding $4200, Academic Summer camp Day Student $2200|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|Tuition Notes||7 Day Boarding $32000, 5 Day Boarding $25,000, Day Student $17,450|
|Admissions Director||Major Robert Forde|
|Admissions Associate||Nathan Freeman|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Flag Football, Golf, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Aeronautics, Cyber Security
- Oak Ridge Military Academy, A Unique Learning Community
- Oldest Pre-College Military School in the United States
- Official Military School of North Carolina
- Individualized Curriculum
- Supervised Study hall & Help Classes
- 6:1 to 12:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
- Dual Enrollment Opportunities
- 100% College Acceptance
- Sports & Clubs Year Round
- Service Learning Projects
- JROTC - the Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps at Oak Ridge Military Academy provides Cadets the structure and consistency to be self-disciplined. We offer hands-on learning experiences, small class sizes, and character-building instruction. Our educators, mentors, and role models believe our goal is to help Cadets achieve, and in doing so, to see beyond being successful in life to being significant.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Grades: 9-12 | 302 students
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
(919) 424-4100 79.4 9-12
To me, Oak Ridge Military Academy is an academy with almost a magical feel. The Faculty, Staff, and Administration are the best that you will ever find. It focuses on the personal development of each cadet that steps foot on campus. It certainly changed my life and molded me into the man that I am today. It did the same for my brother, as well. I could not recommend Oak Ridge Military Academy enough!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Nathan
It's truly an honor for my wife and I to work at such a historic institution. The campus itself is so impressive, there are so many caring faculty/staff members, and the cadets have truly captured our hearts. These cadets have the potential to do so many great things, and I hope that they'll look back on their time here as a precious and sacred time. Oak Ridge Military Academy is a special place, and it is my hope that the cadets, the community, and the country will "rise up and call her blessed" for producing leaders of such character.
- Posted by Teacher - Rex
Oak Ridge Military Academy made a priceless impact on my son's trajectory in life. The staff truly care for these students, giving them personalized attention and holding them to accountability. Two years at the academy gave my son confidence in his capabilities; it equipped him to move forward in life with a skill set and attributes for future success.
- Posted by Parent - Sandra
"Oak Ridge Military Academy is an outstanding institution! The strength of the military and academic programs is useful in helping cadets reach their goals."
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Dale
"One of the best gifts Steve and I gave our daughter was sending her to Oak Ridge. She experienced life in a way most people will never experience it and she is so much stronger for that. She learned about respecting authority, respecting others, and more importantly respecting herself."
- Posted by Parent - Sarah