Saint Mary's School
Saint Mary's School Photo #2 - At Saint Mary's School, girls focus on the habits of lifelong learning - critical thinking, communication, and character, to build a strong foundation for college and life. More at www.sms.edu.
Saint Mary's School Photo #3 - Arts education at Saint Mary's School include studio art, dance, theatre, chorale and instrumental ensembles, and applied music studies. More at www.sms.edu.
Saint Mary's School Photo #4 - Saint Mary's School athletics offers 11 sports including volleyball, lacrosse, golf, tennis, cross country, soccer, field hockey, softball, swimming, basketball, track and field. The school is a member of the Triangle Independent Schools Athletic Conference and the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association. More at www.sms.edu.
Saint Mary's School Photo #5 - Located in downtown Raleigh, N.C., and in close proximity to the Research Triangle, Saint Mary's School students enjoy easy access to all this vibrant community has to offer. More at www.sms.edu.
Saint Mary's School Photo #6 - Saint Mary's School has a rich Episcopal heritage that informs community values and inspires girls to act with honor and to respect the worth and dignity all. More at www.sms.edu.
- Saint Mary`s School is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory, boarding and day school for girls in grades 912.
- Established in 1842, the school is celebrating 175 years of academic excellence and personal achievement for girls.The school`s integrated, hands-on academic program challenges girls to embrace the habits of a lifelong learner and guides them in building a foundation for college and life.
- Leadership curriculum and real-life experiences empower girls to serve and shape their world with courage and purpose.
- Saint Mary`s rich Episcopal heritage informs values and inspires girls to act with honor and to respect the worth and dignity of all.
- The school`s historic, 23-acre campus located in downtown Raleigh and within close proximity to the Research Triangle offers a uniquely vibrant 24/7 learning and living community.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Day tuition: $26,750 Boarding tuition: $53,350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kim Slade|
|Admissions Associate||Emily Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||47 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Girls Helping Girls|
Club or Organization:
Athletic Council, Beacon - Senior Honorary Leadership Club, Boarding Council, Bookmark Club, China Culture & Language Club, Community Service Committee, Cooking Club, Day Council, Echo - Senior Washtub Singing Group, Environmental Club, FOCUS, Garden Club, Granddaughters Club, Hopeful Thinking Club, Human Rights Alliance, International Cultures Club, International Thespian Society, K-Pop Club, Latin Club, Leisure Sports Club, LGBTQ Alliance, Marshals, Model United Nations Club, National Honor Society, Notes Club, Personal Finance Club, Photography Club, Prefects - Boarding and Day, Science Olympiad, Scuba Club, Senior Cheer Squad, shop1842 Club, Sigma-Mu Societies, Ski Club, SLAM (spoken word and slam poetry) Club, Spanish Club, Student Government Association, The Belles - Student Newspaper, The Mathemagicians Club, The Stagecoach - Yearbook, Trapshooting Club, Vestry, Young Democrats, Young Republicans, Youth Fair Trade Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Ladies in Blue a capella group
- Saint Mary`s School is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory, boarding and day school for girls in grades 912. Established in 1842, the school is celebrating 175 years of academic excellence and personal achievement for girls.
- Saint Mary`s was founded on the belief that an educated woman can make a difference. That`s why Saint Mary`s offers honors and AP courses, three languages, 11 sports, a renowned arts program, college counseling, leadership education, service learning, travel opportunities and more. Dedicated faculty know each girl well and help guide her as she finds her voice, expands her understanding, and achieves more than she ever imagined. As a boarding and day school, Saint Mary`s students live and learn beside girls from around the state, the country and the world.
- An integrated hands-on academic program, challenges girls to embrace the habits of a lifelong learner critical thinking, communication, character and guides them in building a foundation for college and life. Leadership curriculum and real-life experiences empower girls to serve and shape their world with courage and purpose. Dozens of sports, clubs, music and arts studies, volunteer and real-world experiences mean girls can explore and discover new talents and passions. Saint Mary`s rich Episcopal heritage informs values and inspires girls to act with honor and to respect the worth and dignity all.
- In addition, Saint Mary`s historic, 23-acre campus located in downtown Raleigh, and within close proximity to the Research Triangle, offers a uniquely vibrant 24/7 learning and living community that provides every girl with what she needs to learn, grow and thrive as she becomes a young woman of intelligence, integrity, and purpose.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winston Salem Grades: 9-12 | 157 students
500 E. Salem Ave
Winston Salem, NC 27101
(336)721-2643 91.2 9-12
- Oak Ridge Grades: 7-12 | 84 students
2317 Oak Ridge Rd.
Oak Ridge, NC 27310
(336)643-4131 79.4 7-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.