Follow the Child Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Follow the Child Montessori School Photo #5 - Math work in the 3-6 classroom (skip counting, ex: 2-4-6-8...)
Follow the Child Montessori School Photo #7 - Claude Monet makes a personal appearance at the Resource Fair!
- Follow the Child Montessori School provides an authentic Montessori education with a brain-based curriculum at an individual pace. Toddler House serves children aged 14 months through 3 years. Children's House serves 3-6 year olds (including Extended Day, our Kindergarten program), Lower Elementary serves 6-9 year olds/ 1st-3rd grade, Upper Elementary serves 9-12 year olds (4th through sixth grade).
- We have a strong parent education program, value outdoor education, and have a warm, engaged community of students, parents, caregivers, teachers, and staff.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for current tuition. Tuition varies depending on age level and programs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Cara Bledsoe|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, TennisFencing, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, French, Music, Spanish
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Physical Education, Yoga
- Warm, inviting classrooms
- Outdoor education
- Art, Music, Spanish, French, Chess, Yoga, and Physical Education
- Varied seasonal enrichment classes - past classes have included Chinese, Crafts, STEM, Golf, and Music Together
- All Lead Teachers are AMI- and/or AMS-certified teachers
- Small, close-knit community
- 14 months and walking to 12 years
- Multi-age classrooms
- 200 students
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Grades: PK-9 | 330 students
7005 Lead Mine Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
(919)848-1545 5.3 PK-9
- Cary Grades: PK-10 | 176 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919)465-2113 5.4 PK-10
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 1229 students
3501 Ridge Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)493-5787 19.9 PK-12
True Montessori. Everyone knows my child so well. Awe-inspiring academics that are actually fun for the children. Such a sweet community, too. Couldn't be happier!
- Posted by Parent - Parent1
Nearby Homes for Sale
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.