Follow the Child Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Follow the Child Montessori School Photo #5 - Math work in the 3-6 classroom (skip counting, ex: 2-4-6-8...)
Follow the Child Montessori School Photo #7 - Claude Monet makes a personal appearance at the Resource Fair!
- Follow the Child Montessori School provides an authentic Montessori education with a brain-based curriculum at an individual pace. Toddler House serves children aged 14 months through 3 years. Children's House serves 3-6 year olds (including Extended Day, our Kindergarten program), Lower Elementary serves 6-9 year olds/ 1st-3rd grade, Upper Elementary serves 9-12 year olds (4th through sixth grade).
- We have a strong parent education program, value outdoor education, and have a warm, engaged community of students, parents, caregivers, teachers, and staff.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for current tuition. Tuition varies depending on age level and programs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Cara Bledsoe|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, TennisFencing, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, French, Music, Spanish
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Physical Education, Yoga
- Warm, inviting classrooms
- Outdoor education
- Art, Music, Spanish, French, Chess, Yoga, and Physical Education
- Varied seasonal enrichment classes - past classes have included Chinese, Crafts, STEM, Golf, and Music Together
- All Lead Teachers are AMI- and/or AMS-certified teachers
- Small, close-knit community
- 14 months and walking to 12 years
- Multi-age classrooms
- 200 students
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Grades: PK-9 | 330 students
7005 Lead Mine Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
(919)848-1545 5.3 PK-9
- Cary Grades: PK-10 | 176 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919)465-2113 5.4 PK-10
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 1229 students
3501 Ridge Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)493-5787 19.9 PK-12
True Montessori. Everyone knows my child so well. Awe-inspiring academics that are actually fun for the children. Such a sweet community, too. Couldn't be happier!
- Posted by Parent - Parent1
Nearby Homes for Sale
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.