Follow the Child Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (919) 755-1150
Follow the Child Montessori School Photo #7 - Claude Monet makes a personal appearance at the Resource Fair!
- Follow the Child Montessori School provides an authentic Montessori education with a brain-based curriculum at an individual pace. Toddler House serves children aged 14 months through 3 years. Children's House serves 3-6 year olds (including Extended Day, our Kindergarten program), Lower Elementary serves 6-9 year olds/ 1st-3rd grade, Upper Elementary serves 9-12 year olds (4th through sixth grade).
- We have a strong parent education program, value outdoor education, and have a warm, engaged community of students, parents, caregivers, teachers, and staff.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for current tuition. Tuition varies depending on age level and programs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Cara Bledsoe|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, TennisFencing, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, French, Music, Spanish
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Physical Education, Yoga
- Warm, inviting classrooms
- Outdoor education
- Art, Music, Spanish, French, Chess, Yoga, and Physical Education
- Varied seasonal enrichment classes - past classes have included Chinese, Crafts, STEM, Golf, and Music Together
- All Lead Teachers are AMI- and/or AMS-certified teachers
- Small, close-knit community
- 14 months and walking to 12 years
- Multi-age classrooms
- 200 students
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: NS-12 | 176 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919) 465-2113 5.4 NS-12
Our children have been so blessed by this school and their teachers. Authenic Montessori practices and a true community feel! Thank you FCM for giving my students a rigorous academic program in a safe and caring environment.
- Posted by Parent - UNC Girl
True Montessori. Everyone knows my child so well. Awe-inspiring academics that are actually fun for the children. Such a sweet community, too. Couldn't be happier!
- Posted by Parent - Parent1
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?