The Raleigh School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (919)546-0788 Ext. 117
The Raleigh School Photo #2 - At the elementary school, we engage children's hands, hearts and minds every day — in the classroom as well as in our many outdoor spaces. Using an inquiry-based approach, our teachers help build critical and creative thinking skills.
The Raleigh School Photo #3 - Each classroom is a safe and creative environment that encourages children's love of learning. Our preschool begins with a parent-child class at 18 months and continues through school-day 4s.
The Raleigh School Photo #4 - We have almost 15 acres on a beautiful, wooded campus, bordered by a stream. Our children have recess every day, and they also explore the outdoors in connection with the curriculum.
The Raleigh School Photo #5 - Our Multi-Cultural Day festivities includes a delicious feast representing the many cultures of our school community members.
- Our active, hands-on approach; our diverse, cohesive community; our emphasis on challenge and our partnership with highly-engaged parents are all core to our beliefs.
- At The Raleigh School we nurture children`s natural inclinations to inquire, explore and discover through authentic play and project-based learning experiences; encouraging children to think creatively, critically and collaboratively; developing strong academic and problem-solving skills.
- We intentionally focus on social/emotional development, cultivating compassionate, caring, responsible, leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 3 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $13,400 for kindergarten through fifth grade with a one-time elementary entry fee of $1,000. Preschool tuition varies by class from $900 for Parent/Child to $12,000 for a 5-day school day fours class.|
|Admissions Director||Mary Golden|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Peterson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Book Clubs, Chess Club, Science Olympiad
- The Raleigh School serves children from 18 months old through 5th grade, with a student/faculty ratio ranging from 5:1 in preschool to 11:1 in elementary grades.
- At The Raleigh School we engage children`s hands, hearts and minds each and every day. Using an inquiry-based approach, our teachers help students develop critical and creative thinking skills that last a lifetime.
- Our students love to come to school. Each child is well-known and valued as an individual member within the school community. Our parents choose The Raleigh School because they appreciate our outstanding veteran faculty and value the many opportunities to be engaged in their own child`s education.
- On our beautiful 18-acre wooded West Raleigh campus, convenient to Cary and I-40, we provide daily opportunities for interaction with the stimulating natural environment, extending learning beyond classroom walls.
- To find out more, request an information packet or schedule a tour of our campus, please contact our Admissions Office at 919-546-0788, ext. 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
I have 2 children at the Raleigh School and I could not be more pleased. It provides a nurturing environment which fosters creative learning and appreciation of cultural diversity. The faculty are approachable and have an impressive educational background. The school actually encourages parental involvement in the child's learning. The Head of School Mr. Bud Lichenstein joined the school from the New England and has done an outstanding job. I recommend the school without reservation . Dr's M.Alexander and Bobbie Gupta
- Posted by Parent - alexa
My youngest son is in 5th grade and oldest son is a TRS graduate. The Raleigh School provides a safe, engaging environment for my children to explore learning and build a strong foundation. Never once have my children sad I do not want to go to school. I think that alone speaks volumes of the love of learning that The Raleigh School fosters. My eldest has moved on to another private school and has excelled in every way thanks to the strong skill set that The Raleigh School has provided. Invest in your child's early education, you will never regret it!
- Posted by Parent - tmdpr
We are very happy with our choice to move our children from the public school system to The Raleigh School (TRS). While private school is a meaningful financial commitment, we believe it has been well worth the investment. Specifically, we love the vibrant and active community TRS fosters (across parents, students, and children), and also the foundations of diversity and respect the school fosters, which sums to us feeling that our children are extremely safe (physically and emotionally) at TRS. Academically, we are also pleased with the curriculum and believe our children will be well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- Posted by Parent - chris
I have had 4 children who have either graduated from or currently attending The Raleigh School. The most amazing thing about this is that my children were in an environment that has fostered a love of learning. Not only is the learning fun but the teachers allow the kids to be kids and use their own creativity. Respect and kindness is expected- not rewarded. No matter where they go to middle school I believe that TRS has set the foundation of how teachers should treat students and how people treat people. This is a foundation that is critical in the early years. No place is perfect- but its close...Love, love this school and feel so fortunate to be a part of it.
- Posted by Parent - lauri
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.