The Raleigh School
5.00 (4 reviews)
The Raleigh School Photo #2 - Each classroom is a safe and creative environment that encourages children's love of learning. Our preschool begins with a parent-child class at 18 months and continues through school-day 4s.
The Raleigh School Photo #3 - We have almost 15 acres on a beautiful, wooded campus, bordered by a stream. Our children have recess every day, and they also explore the outdoors in connection with the curriculum.
The Raleigh School Photo #5 - Our Multi-Cultural Day festivities includes a delicious feast representing the many cultures of our school community members.
- The Raleigh School is a cooperative community of children, parents, and teachers that fosters a love of learning in an atmosphere of challenge, inquiry, and respect.
- Our preschool serves children from 18 months to five years of age.
- Our elementary school includes two classes at each grade level, kindergarten through fifth grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||438 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 16 / Feb. 7 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $11,450 for kindergarten through fifth grade. Preschool tuition varies by class.|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Peterson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Book Clubs, Chess Club, Science Olympiad
- At The Raleigh School, we engage children`s hands, hearts and minds each and every day. Using an inquiry-based approach, our teachers help students develop critical and creative thinking skills that last a lifetime. Our students love to come to school. Each child is well-known and valued as an individual member within the school community. Our parents choose The Raleigh School because they appreciate our outstanding veteran faculty and value the many opportunities to be engaged in their own child`s education.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an admissions packet and to schedule a campus visit.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed The Raleigh School also viewed these schools: Ravenscroft, Montessori School Of Raleigh, Chesterbrook Academy-preschool And Elementary School, GRACE Christian School and North Raleigh Christian Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Grades: PK-9 | 330 students
7005 Lead Mine Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
(919)848-1545 6.5 PK-9
- Cary Grades: PK-5 | 140 students
130 Towne Village Dr
Cary, NC 27513
(919)319-9622 6.3 PK-5
I have 2 children at the Raleigh School and I could not be more pleased. It provides a nurturing environment which fosters creative learning and appreciation of cultural diversity. The faculty are approachable and have an impressive educational background. The school actually encourages parental involvement in the child's learning. The Head of School Mr. Bud Lichenstein joined the school from the New England and has done an outstanding job. I recommend the school without reservation . Dr's M.Alexander and Bobbie Gupta
- Posted by Parent - alexa
My youngest son is in 5th grade and oldest son is a TRS graduate. The Raleigh School provides a safe, engaging environment for my children to explore learning and build a strong foundation. Never once have my children sad I do not want to go to school. I think that alone speaks volumes of the love of learning that The Raleigh School fosters. My eldest has moved on to another private school and has excelled in every way thanks to the strong skill set that The Raleigh School has provided. Invest in your child's early education, you will never regret it!
- Posted by Parent - tmdpr
We are very happy with our choice to move our children from the public school system to The Raleigh School (TRS). While private school is a meaningful financial commitment, we believe it has been well worth the investment. Specifically, we love the vibrant and active community TRS fosters (across parents, students, and children), and also the foundations of diversity and respect the school fosters, which sums to us feeling that our children are extremely safe (physically and emotionally) at TRS. Academically, we are also pleased with the curriculum and believe our children will be well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- Posted by Parent - chris
I have had 4 children who have either graduated from or currently attending The Raleigh School. The most amazing thing about this is that my children were in an environment that has fostered a love of learning. Not only is the learning fun but the teachers allow the kids to be kids and use their own creativity. Respect and kindness is expected- not rewarded. No matter where they go to middle school I believe that TRS has set the foundation of how teachers should treat students and how people treat people. This is a foundation that is critical in the early years. No place is perfect- but its close...Love, love this school and feel so fortunate to be a part of it.
- Posted by Parent - lauri
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.