Catholic High School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 414 students
- Yearly Tuition: $14,790
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Catholic High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Art Club, Blue Crab Bowl Team, Cooking Club, Forensics, German Club, Great Computer Challenge, Haiti Club, Literary Mazagine, Math Club, Model United Nations, Spanish Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- Catholic High School was originally established under the auspices of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond as Norfolk Catholic High School in 1949. In 1993, the school relocated to Virginia Beach and opened as Catholic High School. In the fall of 2003, the school was renamed to honor the Most Reverend Walter F. Sullivan, D.D., Bishop of Richmond. Based firmly on Catholic tradition, Catholic High School is dedicated to nurturing the intellect, shaping character and forming Christian values. The student body is composed of young men and women from varied socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds. Students represent the major cities of southside Hampton Roads-Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth and Suffolk. Catholic High School is a unique community of inquisitive students, gifted teachers, dedicated staff and generous clergy who come from all the cities of south Hampton Roads. Our students come from the Catholic schools of Christ the King, St. Gregory the Great, St. John the Apostle, St. Matthew, St. Patrick, St. Pius X, and Star of the Sea as well as the public schools of Chesapeake, Norfolk and Virginia Beach, and other schools in the area. Every parish in south Hampton Roads is represented. Many international students are counted among the student body coming from a diverse group of countries from no less than four continents.We are lucky to have alumni from 2014 to 1965 on our faculty and staff. And many current students are the children and grandchildren of alumni. We value these multi-generational relationships. Based firmly on Catholic teaching, Catholic High School is dedicated to nurturing the intellect, shaping character and forming Christian values. Although approximately 80 percent of the student body is Catholic, other Christian denominations and beliefs are represented. Our goal is to make a Catholic education available to more students.Our student body is composed of young men and women from varied socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds. As a Catholic school, we strive to serve the entire community of south Hampton Roads.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Catholic High School cost?
Catholic High School's tuition is approximately $14,790 for private students.
What sports does Catholic High School offer?
Catholic High School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. Catholic High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for most sports offered.
What is Catholic High School's ranking?
Catholic High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Largest student body, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Catholic High School?
The application deadline for Catholic High School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Catholic High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards