Tabernacle Baptist Academy
- Tabernacle Baptist School (TBS) was founded in 1969 as an integral part of Tabernacle Baptist Church.
- From day one, our staff has been dedicated to educating and training young people for the Glory of God.
- Home-school cooperation has been a major reason for the success of TBS. The family is the center of our system.
- The lower elementary school teaches children to develop skills in critical thinking, classifying, illustrating, summarizing and interpreting information.
- Special emphasis is given in phonics to develop foundational skills.
- Students are challenged to compose oral and written sentences as well as read sentences orally and silently.
- Education is a process that is important for the success of each individual and, therefore, is needed in order to succeed.
- Teaching children to communicate and think are important tools for their future within the world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||219 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,300|
|Tuition Notes||Maximum of $4,300--tuition is lower based upon grade entering.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Cheering,
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choirs, Clubs, Field Trips, Mission Trips, Private Piano & Instrumental Lessons Band, Choirs, Clubs, Field Trips, Mission Trips, Private Piano & Instrumental Lessons,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChesapeakeGrades: NS-12 | 686 students
1217 N. Centerville Tnpk. and 1861 Kempsville Road, VaBch
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Virginia BeachGrades: KG-12 | 178 students
817 Kempsville Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017