Northern Virginia Academy
- Welcome to Northern Virginia Academy of Early Learning, where we provide a quality child care program in a learning and loving environment.
- The purpose of our school is to provide a warm, nurturing center in which a child's individuality is recognized and supported by a loving and caring staff.
- This care includes opportunities for physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth.
- We strive to help each child develop emotionally, educationally, physically and above all to enhance his or her own self-concept.
- Our school is staffed with trained, enthusiastic individuals who have been selected not only for their educational backgrounds and experiences, but also for their understanding of and dedication to young children.
- Staff training is an ongoing process. Our teachers participate in our Corporate Training Program, bi-monthly training sessions, professional workshops and college-level courses.
- All children, regardless of race, color, gender, national and ethnic background, religious beliefs, or differing abilities are equal and participate in our non-discriminatory environment.
- We are a state licensed Private Day School that meets and exceeds the regulations established by the Virginia Department of Social Services and the local fire and health departments.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annandale Grades: PK-8 | 466 students
8800 Braddock Rd
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 978-7117 3.7 PK-8
- Annandale Grades: PK-6 | 152 students
4955 Sunset Ln
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 256-4711 6.8 PK-6
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.