Our Lady Of Mt Carmel
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 120 students
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Lego Club, Lego Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Arts and Crafts Club, Choir, Music Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Physical Education, Zumba
- In his book, Random Thoughts The Humanity of Teaching, history professor Louis Schmier writes:
- "Education without caring, without a soul, without spirit, without purpose beyond subject matter is as viable as a person with a brain but without a heart. Pedagogy, technology, and techniques are no substitute for love and caring."
- We, at OLMC School, derive inspiration from Dr. Schmier`s words. As educators, we are acutely aware that each student has innate differences and demonstrates uniqueness in their intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth. Such diversity is further extended in a classroom where students arrive from different families and backgrounds. Our challenge as Catholic educators in addressing this diversity is to recognize the humanity of each student, while creating an environment that contributes to their integral human formation in the context of a Christian community.
- Accepting students for who they are and embracing the whole student is essential for successful teaching. To be a successful educator, one must identify each student`s unique learning style, establish a bond of trust with each student, and create a learning environment that is supportive, caring, and nurturing. All students present a unique learning profile, with a distinctive set of strengths and weaknesses. It is the essence of education to understand each student`s individuality and to contribute to the development of the whole student.
- In today`s secular and pluralistic society it is critical not only to teach content knowledge but to challenge students to rise above peer pressures and remain committed to Catholic values of compassion, acceptance, honesty, and generosity. Classrooms need to be a safe haven for students where they feel free to express their thoughts and feelings and where they appreciate policies of acceptance, tolerance, kindness and compassion for others. As Catholic educators, we are called upon to be witnesses to the faith, demonstrating through our actions a commitment to a life lived in accordance with the Gospel. This holds true not only for our interaction with students, but also within the larger community of the Catholic school, including colleagues and parents.
- Our dedication to education is connected to our student centeredness and our belief in the holistic development of our students. Our strength in pursuing this dedication with humility and compassion is found, quite simply, through our journey of faith.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Our Lady Of Mt Carmel offer?
Our Lady Of Mt Carmel offers 3 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Our Lady Of Mt Carmel?
The application deadline for Our Lady Of Mt Carmel is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Our Lady Of Mt Carmel. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards