Our Lady Of The Gulf Catholic School
Tel: (361) 552-6140 Ext. 6
- Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic School (OLG) serves students in grades PreK4 - 8th and is fully Accredited by the Texas Catholic Commission of Bishops Education Department (TCCB-ED) which is recognized by the Texas Education Association (TEA).
- Classroom sizes are limited to ensure a quality education for all students who attend our school. PreK4 - 1st = 18 max/grade, 2nd - 8th = 16 max/grade.
- Next year registration for new students begins in March, but potential students/families may request to be added to our communications listing at any time to ensure they do not miss key registration events.
- To ensure a good fit into our school, all potential families meet with school personnel and all potential students perform diagnostic tests in reading and math. Potential students for grades K - 8th may also be invited to be a "Mariner for the Day" to experience the school environment at no charge.
- In addition to the 5 basic core curriculums (Langauge Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Religion), OLG also offers Spanish, Music, Art, Technology and Physical Education to PreK4 - 8th grade students.
- 8th Grade students that qualify may also obtain high school credits in Algebra I and Keyboarding.
- OLG utilizes a 1:1 platform for technology within the classroom and utilizes a wide range of on-line curriculum tools as well as traditional tools to provide a variety of learning environments for all our students.
- Our Mission: We are a Catholic educational community providing opportunity for growth in the Light of Christ.
- Our Philosophy: Students are challenged spiritually, morally, socially, intellectually, and physically to develop their greatest potential. This is accomplished through total daily immersion in Catholic Christianity, an innovative curriculum, and a progressive technological program.
- Our Lady of the Gulf embraces the call to be a community characterized by individuals who recognize the value of the human soul.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Catholic Conference Education Department|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Blue Dress Slacks/Shorts & White Polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Discounts for Families; Tuition Assistance Available for Qualifying Families|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Annette Matula|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Middle School Choir
- Application Process:
- 1) Fill out application form (located on website) & submit with Academic Records;
- 2) Schedule Parent, Principal & Student Meeting;
- 3) Perform Student Academic Diagnostics in Reading & Math;
- 4) Participate in Student Trial Day (Optional but recommended, Free)
- 5) Upon Acceptance into School, each student participates in a probabtionary period of approx. 9 weeks during which a specific contract is followed to help the student succeed at our school.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Lavaca Grades: K-11 | 16 students
6440 Fm 1090
Port Lavaca, TX 77979
(361) 552-7275 7.1 K-11
- Edna Grades: PK-12 | 22 students
807 Apollo Dr
Edna, TX 77957
(361) 782-2052 25.4 PK-12
- Victoria Grades: NS-9 | 151 students
3310 N Ben Jordan St
Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 573-5345 26 NS-9
- Victoria Grades: NS-12 | 45 students
2911 D Azalea
Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 212-8463 26.3 NS-12
- Victoria Grades: PK-8 | 324 students
206 W Convent St
Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 573-6651 26.4 PK-8
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.