Our Mother Of Sorrows School
- Our Mother of Sorrows school is a PreK-8 Catholic school that serves the Tucson community.
- With a commitment to academic growth for all students, and filled with the joy of the Gospel, our school proclaims an ongoing encounter with Jesus Christ through community, Word, Sacrament, and loving service.
- At Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School, we try to emulate Mary by responding to God`s call with a yes. Mary modeled God`s call by trusting in God and practicing prayer, compassion, and reflection.
- We believe parents are the primary educators of their children, and we partner with parents in this call.
- We believe each child is unique and made in God`s image and likeness.
- We believe God calls us to holiness. We believe God calls us to lovingly serve one another and all in need.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or blue pants, white or navy polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available. We make every effort to make OMOS affordable for all families.|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Brownies, Cub Scouts, Larry Lakes Martial Arts
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Guitar Lessons, Strings Orcheastra, Young Rembrandts Drawing Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our Mother of Sorrows school is a school with an outstanding academic and spiritual environment. Recent standardized test scores indicate student performance exceeds public schools in the neighborhood and the state, and the school consistently performs well on national religious education exams. The school offers a Resource Center for children who need assistance in the classroom, and offers after school programs in sports, guitar, and violin.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.