Our Mother Of Sorrows School
- Our Mother of Sorrows school is a PreK-8 Catholic school that serves the Tucson community.
- With a commitment to academic growth for all students, and filled with the joy of the Gospel, our school proclaims an ongoing encounter with Jesus Christ through community, Word, Sacrament, and loving service.
- At Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School, we try to emulate Mary by responding to God`s call with a yes. Mary modeled God`s call by trusting in God and practicing prayer, compassion, and reflection.
- We believe parents are the primary educators of their children, and we partner with parents in this call.
- We believe each child is unique and made in God`s image and likeness.
- We believe God calls us to holiness. We believe God calls us to lovingly serve one another and all in need.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or blue pants, white or navy polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available. We make every effort to make OMOS affordable for all families.|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Brownies, Cub Scouts, Larry Lakes Martial Arts
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Guitar Lessons, Strings Orcheastra, Young Rembrandts Drawing Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our Mother of Sorrows school is a school with an outstanding academic and spiritual environment. Recent standardized test scores indicate student performance exceeds public schools in the neighborhood and the state, and the school consistently performs well on national religious education exams. The school offers a Resource Center for children who need assistance in the classroom, and offers after school programs in sports, guitar, and violin.
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.